University of Texas at Arlington Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.4

Student Assistant Interview

It was simple as pie. Applied, interviewed, got the job on the spot. Most of the interview questions were regarding my school schedule and how long I was going to be attending the university.

Event Usher Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Not very difficult, just applied through a job fair and got a phone and 1:1 interview. Interview wasn't too tough. They just asking what my previous experiences were. It was very simple and sweet.

Interview Questions
    • Not really that difficult. It was a very basic positon.   Answer Question

Comm Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Resume, References, Letter of Interest Requested; Interview scheduled one month later; Group/Panel interview; E-mailed thank you letter to interviewers; Contacted for second interview with head of department; Notified of decision the following month;

NA

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in November 2014.

Office is a typical college environment. I didnt get to see the call center when i was interviewed. Interviewer was nice and asked team based questions. Was under the impression that the job was more laid back than it actually is.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you've dealt with a difficult customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation phase

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Two interviews and a new hire orientation. It was a pretty quick process. It did begin with an initial phone interview. There was a lot of paper work to fill out because of it being a university.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things that you could change about yourself.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Approached professor and handed resume. 30 minute interview.
    The professor was difficult to find as most professors are, but once he met me he was very courteous and discussed my research options for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • How will you work with no prior experience in research?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in February 2014.

I applied online and about three weeks to a month later was called for a phone interview. I was intereviewed by a panel of employees who worked in the library. The questions were typical, things like "What are your best and worst qualities?", "How did you handle a difficult customer?" or "How did you strive to succeed in your previous job?"

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so hard but I found it difficult to talk to the panel because I wasn't eye to eye with them. My mistake was focusing on a single panelist as opposed to everyone.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Contacting Professor is the best to get an offer, Interview process usually takes 2 weeks. based upon the position and research the pay can be from $0 to $1500/month.

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in August 2013.

I heard of an opening so I applied for the job, a few days later I received an email from whoever was in charge of hiring stating that they had found my application interesting and that they would have liked to see me for an interview so we scheduled a time for me to come in.
    The majority of the questions were behavioral and about being able to work in a team environment as well as the involvement on campus.
    After the interview I believe I heard back from them within 2-5 days with an offer.
    All the correspondence was via email.

No negotiation

Senior Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Applied online. Received a call for a group interview a few days later. Heard back via email about my decision. They may have hired internally or someone else with more experience because they absolutely were thrilled about me, but a few days later informed me they hire someone else.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the position?
      What are your goals in the near future?
      What do you like to do in your spare time?
      Give us an example of when you went above and beyond in your previous jobs.
      Why do you want to work at UTA?

Answer Question