University of Texas at Arlington Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Two interviews and a new hire orientation. It was a pretty quick process. It did begin with an initial phone interview. There was a lot of paper work to fill out because of it being a university.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things that you could change about yourself.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Approached professor and handed resume. 30 minute interview.
    The professor was difficult to find as most professors are, but once he met me he was very courteous and discussed my research options for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • How will you work with no prior experience in research?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in February 2014.

I applied online and about three weeks to a month later was called for a phone interview. I was intereviewed by a panel of employees who worked in the library. The questions were typical, things like "What are your best and worst qualities?", "How did you handle a difficult customer?" or "How did you strive to succeed in your previous job?"

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not so hard but I found it difficult to talk to the panel because I wasn't eye to eye with them. My mistake was focusing on a single panelist as opposed to everyone.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Contacting Professor is the best to get an offer, Interview process usually takes 2 weeks. based upon the position and research the pay can be from $0 to $1500/month.

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in August 2013.

I heard of an opening so I applied for the job, a few days later I received an email from whoever was in charge of hiring stating that they had found my application interesting and that they would have liked to see me for an interview so we scheduled a time for me to come in.
    The majority of the questions were behavioral and about being able to work in a team environment as well as the involvement on campus.
    After the interview I believe I heard back from them within 2-5 days with an offer.
    All the correspondence was via email.

No negotiation

Senior Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Applied online. Received a call for a group interview a few days later. Heard back via email about my decision. They may have hired internally or someone else with more experience because they absolutely were thrilled about me, but a few days later informed me they hire someone else.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the position?
      What are your goals in the near future?
      What do you like to do in your spare time?
      Give us an example of when you went above and beyond in your previous jobs.
      Why do you want to work at UTA?
        Answer Question

Coordinator I, Spec Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

All was pretty standard. 20 min phone screen left feeling of unsurety but received call back for face to face. Panel interview followed.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no questions that were striking. Everything was very basic and textbook interview style. Even with the phone interview - it was basicly probing for resume discrepancies against the job role/responsibilities, leaving the face to face more of a triple check and exam of personality/good fit for the team or not.   Answer Question
    Initial offer seemed fair but was able to negotiate an adjustment to increase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in May 2012.

I met individually with the professor. He asked of my background and interests. After an hour interview I was given a tour of the lab, and met the other students.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in March 2012.

I was recruited through Annual RA recruitment drive which starts some where in January and actual interviews happen around March. You will need to apply for the position through SNAP Jobs and they usually call any one who has attended the RA Information Session and lived at least a semester in an On-Campus Apartment. I had three rounds of interview, first two were one on two question answer session where they asses your leadership skills. Google Behavioral questions and they give you an idea of the type of questions asked. Last round is group interview where you will be assigned a team of 7 to 10 members and you will need to perform in a team environment. Key to success is being pro active and being engaging in a team.

Interview Questions
    • They repeatedly ask same question twice in first two rounds so its advisable to be honest.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in January 2012.

Very easy and laid back.