University of Texas at Arlington

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington

Interview Details – Approached professor and handed resume. 30 minute interview.
The professor was difficult to find as most professors are, but once he met me he was very courteous and discussed my research options for a long time.

Interview Question – How will you work with no prior experience in research?   Answer Question

Professor and Chair Interview

Professor and Chair
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in January 2010.

Interview Details – I gave a presentation to the faculty and was elected based upon my long record with the department and my description of where I thought the department should go.

Interview Question – The most difficult (and most straight forward question) regarded my vision for the future of the Physics Department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met individually with the professor. He asked of my background and interests. After an hour interview I was given a tour of the lab, and met the other students.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Interview Details – Contacting Professor is the best to get an offer, Interview process usually takes 2 weeks. based upon the position and research the pay can be from $0 to $1500/month.

Interview Question – Describe your weakness   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited through Annual RA recruitment drive which starts some where in January and actual interviews happen around March. You will need to apply for the position through SNAP Jobs and they usually call any one who has attended the RA Information Session and lived at least a semester in an On-Campus Apartment. I had three rounds of interview, first two were one on two question answer session where they asses your leadership skills. Google Behavioral questions and they give you an idea of the type of questions asked. Last round is group interview where you will be assigned a team of 7 to 10 members and you will need to perform in a team environment. Key to success is being pro active and being engaging in a team.

Interview Question – They repeatedly ask same question twice in first two rounds so its advisable to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Office Assistant Interview

Senior Office Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call for a group interview a few days later. Heard back via email about my decision. They may have hired internally or someone else with more experience because they absolutely were thrilled about me, but a few days later informed me they hire someone else.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the position?
What are your goals in the near future?
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Give us an example of when you went above and beyond in your previous jobs.
Why do you want to work at UTA?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in for a for phone interview which lasted for only 10 minutes. I got the offer letter soon.

Interview Question – Not really, every question was related to what I did and what I will do.   Answer Question

Coordinator I, Spec Pro Interview

Coordinator I, Spec Pro

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington.

Interview Details – All was pretty standard. 20 min phone screen left feeling of unsurety but received call back for face to face. Panel interview followed.

Interview Question – Honestly there were no questions that were striking. Everything was very basic and textbook interview style. Even with the phone interview - it was basicly probing for resume discrepancies against the job role/responsibilities, leaving the face to face more of a triple check and exam of personality/good fit for the team or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer seemed fair but was able to negotiate an adjustment to increase.

Computer Support Interview

Computer Support
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process seemed surprisingly amateurish and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at Arlington in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy and laid back.

Interview Question – Any previous experience in tutoring?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Texas at Arlington

Worked for University of Texas at Arlington? Contribute to the Community!