University of Texas at Austin

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.5

Student Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

The interview focuses on professionalism. If you have the ability to maintain your work/life balance, then make sure to show that in your interviews. The team is really looking for someone who will make the university look good and will be able to keep up with school and their work.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you had to show extreme attention to detail.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

I applied to this job online. The PI phoned me about a week later, inquiring about my experience, whether I wished to work full time or part time, and what my goals were long term.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to be asked whether I wished to work part time for a full time job posting. I was also taken aback by the bored PI. It seemed he phoned me because he had to. Finally it was most unexpected to be phoned on my mobile out of the blue.   View Answer
    • I was asked a lot of details on my previous research experience: methods, protocols etc.   View Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Very unprofessional ; I had to visit multiple times due to availability of the potential advisor even though I had been scheduled for interview ahead of time; lack of proper directions and admin inputs

No negotiation for my group

Help Desk Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

The interview process had two individuals, typically a hiring manager and an individual in the same position you would be interviewing for in the interview. The response process took some time, approximately 1 month, and from there approximately 2-3 months to configure the paperwork to be signed and dated.

Interview Questions
    • You look over and see your coworker on Facebook. How do you react?   Answer Question

A/V Technician Student Activity Center Interview

Invited for a one time interview after my resume was reviewed. Talked about my past experience and my current interests. Most of the duties would be learned on the job, and the most important part was that my personality fit with the team dynamic.

No negotiation, set hourly rate

Tutor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

applied on campus, a few weeks later, took an aptitude test on a selected subject, then few days later, went in for a mock interview. a few weeks later, I received an email of acceptance.

They Called Me Interview

After many months of applying to jobs anywhere and everywhere I recieved a call from a department at UT that I hadn't even applied to. It turns out they kept my resume in circulation and eventually it found a place. The process from there was pretty quick and easy. 1 phone interview, on in person interview and I was working the next week. It was a bit sobering that they posted the position AFTER offering me the job, which means most of the opportunities that you see from the outside aren't really there.

Student Assistant Interview

Was a quick and very straightforward process overall. They got back to me after sending in my resume within a week and scheduled the interview within a month of me sending them my initial application. This was all in line with the time-frame described in the initial job posting and easy to go through. The interview itself was actually quite short and acted mostly to confirm and expand upon my previous experiences listed in my resume. The interviewers were also my soon to be bosses which helped me understand what would be expected of me for the job instead of just having a person with little connection to the day to day work from HR doing the interview which can be all too common nowadays.

Interview Questions
    • Asking what I wanted to get out of this job and what they could do to help me attain those goals.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

The first is searching job online, submit my application online. Then got contacted by the boss and scheduled an phone interview. Discussing with the boss on the phone about the position, working, environment, my future plan and his expectation. Setting up the onsite interview and fly to Austin for an interview, finally got the offer.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

The initial process went fairly smoothly overall two interviews with the same person, first on the phone and then via Skype since I was not in the area. II received notice the job had been canceled around the same time I was supposed to hear back whether I had got the position or not and received a vague email from the administrative assistant, I saw it was re-posted the next day and when I emailed my interviewer received a one sentence response with no real explanation, only that they were still in the process of screening candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected, mainly about my experience, what I could bring to the position and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question