University of Texas at Austin

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.5

Software Developer/Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

A call from recruiter, then in person interview. Question about my self, and some junior question in JAVA and Linux. Mostly review my resume with Manager. Than talk with two Engineers about my teamwork, if I share and help in the work. Interview was not difficult, to my surprise

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Very simple process for me. The professor knew me and asked for me by name. Most professors just wait for assignments to come in randomly and will tell the students they can't request by name. Don't take it personally.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really one. The offer is very standard.

Student Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

The interview focuses on professionalism. If you have the ability to maintain your work/life balance, then make sure to show that in your interviews. The team is really looking for someone who will make the university look good and will be able to keep up with school and their work.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you had to show extreme attention to detail.   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

I submitted a resume, took about a week for them to respond. They call you for an on-the-spot phone interview, but it's not bad. They'll say to come to a two-day training and after that, you'll get the job.

No negotiation, as this job is mainly for students during the school year

Lab Technician Interview

I applied to this job online. The PI phoned me about a week later, inquiring about my experience, whether I wished to work full time or part time, and what my goals were long term.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to be asked whether I wished to work part time for a full time job posting. I was also taken aback by the bored PI. It seemed he phoned me because he had to. Finally it was most unexpected to be phoned on my mobile out of the blue.   View Answer
    • I was asked a lot of details on my previous research experience: methods, protocols etc.   View Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Very unprofessional ; I had to visit multiple times due to availability of the potential advisor even though I had been scheduled for interview ahead of time; lack of proper directions and admin inputs

No negotiation for my group

Help Desk Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

The interview process had two individuals, typically a hiring manager and an individual in the same position you would be interviewing for in the interview. The response process took some time, approximately 1 month, and from there approximately 2-3 months to configure the paperwork to be signed and dated.

Interview Questions
    • You look over and see your coworker on Facebook. How do you react?   Answer Question

A/V Technician Student Activity Center Interview

Invited for a one time interview after my resume was reviewed. Talked about my past experience and my current interests. Most of the duties would be learned on the job, and the most important part was that my personality fit with the team dynamic.

No negotiation, set hourly rate

Tutor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

applied on campus, a few weeks later, took an aptitude test on a selected subject, then few days later, went in for a mock interview. a few weeks later, I received an email of acceptance.

They Called Me Interview

After many months of applying to jobs anywhere and everywhere I recieved a call from a department at UT that I hadn't even applied to. It turns out they kept my resume in circulation and eventually it found a place. The process from there was pretty quick and easy. 1 phone interview, on in person interview and I was working the next week. It was a bit sobering that they posted the position AFTER offering me the job, which means most of the opportunities that you see from the outside aren't really there.