University of Texas at Austin Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.5

Student Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I applied online for a position with Liberal Arts ITS Classroom Support. I was asked within a week to interview in person at their office when they opened (6:00 AM). The interview was straightforward and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the Mac OS X and Windows operating systems?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard. First a telephone screening, then a three person panel interview followed by a several part written test portion, then a second panel interview with the entire team and director. The contact was friendly throughout the process, as was each person I met. The panel team asked interesting questions, some behavioral. Following two interviews, I would have expected some sort of final response, but there was no further contact, not even a boilerplate rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the supervisor advised you to change your assessment and you did not agree with it?   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Interview

Actually, it wasn't an interview so much as they solicited me to do it. The interview was easy, I just was honest about my experience. That was how I was able to secure the job. Make sure that you know how to be honest about your skills. This is very important. Also make sure to dress well. Do not look like a slob. It is important to make sure you take care of that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

A call from recruiter, then in person interview. Question about my self, and some junior question in JAVA and Linux. Mostly review my resume with Manager. Than talk with two Engineers about my teamwork, if I share and help in the work. Interview was not difficult, to my surprise

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Did not have to interview at all. It was a research position so I just asked a professor if I could join his lab. He said yes so I joined that day. Thats all really. Not more to say here. Thanks and good by.

Interview Questions

• there were none. It was a university position for an undergrad at that university to no questions to answer.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin in January 2015.

Interview

The turnaround was quick - within a day of sending in my resume, I got a request for an interview. The interview was straightforward, with questions about my interests and goals, my working style, and my schedule. The interviewer was very kind and wanted to make sure that the position would work with school and my other obligations.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Very simple process for me. The professor knew me and asked for me by name. Most professors just wait for assignments to come in randomly and will tell the students they can't request by name. Don't take it personally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. The offer is very standard.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Got a call a week after applying for an interview 2 days later. Business dress was a good assumption. Friendly faces. 50 minutes with a panel of 5: 4 future teammates + supervisor. 13 easy, scripted, and predictable questions. 1 strength, 1 weakness, a time when you...

Student Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

The interview focuses on professionalism. If you have the ability to maintain your work/life balance, then make sure to show that in your interviews. The team is really looking for someone who will make the university look good and will be able to keep up with school and their work.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had to show extreme attention to detail.   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

I submitted a resume, took about a week for them to respond. They call you for an on-the-spot phone interview, but it's not bad. They'll say to come to a two-day training and after that, you'll get the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation, as this job is mainly for students during the school year