University of Texas at Austin Program Coordinator Interview Questions

2.7

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

1 prelim 1-on-1 interview and 1 group interview. The interview process will differ by department, however. All jobs are applied for over the website, and sometimes additional documentation is required. You have to upload your resume data to the application website, but also have the option of attaching a PDF.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember, because it was a long time ago now. It was some standard inteview questions, such as whether you can work in a team and where you see yourself in 5 years. Now I'm here well beyond 5 years and in such a static environment that my boss had to retire for me to advance. Advancement is difficult here in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room to negotiate--it's essentially a state job.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Texas at Austin

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX).

Interview

Three step process. Applications are reviewed by the University HR office, then all eligible candidates are forwarded to the hiring department. Usually applicants undergo a first round of interviews with a group, and are invited back for a final interview with supervisors. The process can sometimes take months.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with (a certain 'group' of students) before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ALWAYS negotiate your entry salary. Once your salary is fixed, the opportunities to significantly increase your pay are rare.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted within two days of applying via email. We scheduled an interview within two weeks for the position. After the interview a decision was rendered after 3 weeks. I was interviewed by the director of the program in his office. Very friendly encounter that was more of a running dialogue than hard pressed questions. The work culture was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any contacts within the entertainment industry at networks, studios, guilds and unions?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at Austin.

Interview

Online application, followed by two interviews months later, and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any that were particularly difficult or unexpected. It was not a trick question kind of environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate the highest salary possible up front, because the annual salary increases are negligible. The best/only way to move up is generally to change positions within the organization.