University of Texas at El Paso Interview Questions in El Paso, TX

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.5

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They had pre selected candidates so rather than having an interview they just called you in to sign a contract. They pre select candidates from resumes only, I had a terrible recomendation letter and still landed the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your graduate plans?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very competitive interview, you get first invited to a meeting session called a carousel that has different activities to weed out applicants out of the selection. Then get invited to interview several days after they evaluate each member that participated in the carousel. You have to be careful in being too shy or coming out strong when you participate in the different activities. Make share to have great leadership qualities. The interview process is done by a panel giving you different question regarding leadership background.

Interview Questions

• What ideas can you bring to develop a community ? Are leaders born or made?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I was asked to meet with program advisor with resume and undergraduate transcript. After expressing my interest in the program, conducting research, and eventually pursuing a doctorate degree, the advisor offered me a job. It was not a formal interview, so there were not many questions asked.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using statistical processes to conduct research?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved, wages are predetermined by grant money available.

Peer Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview. Approzimatley 5 people. They asked me to do a presetnation. They observe my communication skills. They looked for a leader, and outstanding student.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer a week later.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

GRE and TOEFL, professor's contact

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso (El Paso, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Was referred to the position by my immediate supervisor