University of Texas at El Paso

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.3

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Prior to applying, a research outline and mentoring professor had to be secured. A proposal for a multidisciplinary board was to be submitted for review.

Interview Questions
    • What other directions might be available if you had to pursue another project?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process in this capacity. You were however allowed to create your own schedule with your mentoring professor to maintain a maximum number of hours you could work for in one week.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

job was posted on goldmine, if you are a student from utep its fairly easy to get an interview.
    most people get intimidated by the requirements, but they also know most students dont know everything, so just apply if you want the position you might get it. when I applied I believe there were only 3 other candidates, and me and other person got the positions.

Interview Questions
    • how would you help someone(troubleshoot) who says that you sent him an email, but for him/her the email appears to be blank.   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in June 2013.

Basic things like your school schedule and your ability to deal with international students. Being bilingual is a plus and you need patience to deal with all types of engineering students who need assistance and guidance. The hiring process is fairly good say. It is just a standard university packet of forms and a background check.the whole new hire process takes about 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • What if there is an international student who looks down on women and does not want to accept your help. What would you do.   Answer Question

Peer Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in March 2012.

The interview was a panel interview. Approzimatley 5 people. They asked me to do a presetnation. They observe my communication skills. They looked for a leader, and outstanding student.

Interview Questions
    I received an offer a week later.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in August 2011.

GRE and TOEFL, professor's contact

NA

Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in January 2010.

Was referred to the position by my immediate supervisor

Peer Career Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Panel interview after submitting my resume. Only behavioral type questions and had to conduct a presentation.

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in June 2010.

a simple personal interview

Interview Questions

very low compensation for the job