University of Texas at El Paso

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview Details – Prior to applying, a research outline and mentoring professor had to be secured. A proposal for a multidisciplinary board was to be submitted for review.

Interview Question – What other directions might be available if you had to pursue another project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process in this capacity. You were however allowed to create your own schedule with your mentoring professor to maintain a maximum number of hours you could work for in one week.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview Details – job was posted on goldmine, if you are a student from utep its fairly easy to get an interview.
most people get intimidated by the requirements, but they also know most students dont know everything, so just apply if you want the position you might get it. when I applied I believe there were only 3 other candidates, and me and other person got the positions.

Interview Question – how would you help someone(troubleshoot) who says that you sent him an email, but for him/her the email appears to be blank.   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in August 2011.

Interview Details – GRE and TOEFL, professor's contact

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations Interview

El Paso, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was referred to the position by my immediate supervisor

Peer Career Advisor Interview

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a panel interview. Approzimatley 5 people. They asked me to do a presetnation. They observe my communication skills. They looked for a leader, and outstanding student.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I received an offer a week later.

Peer Career Advisor Interview

Peer Career Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso.

Interview Details – Panel interview after submitting my resume. Only behavioral type questions and had to conduct a presentation.

Interview Question – tell us about a bad experience.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Texas at El Paso in June 2010.

Interview Details – a simple personal interview

Interview Question – Have you childrens?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – very low compensation for the job

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Texas at El Paso? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Texas at El Paso interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Texas at El Paso employees and interview candidates.