University of Texas at San Antonio Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited by phone for an in-person interview with a committee about a week after the job posting closed. There were 5 people on the committee and they asked a series of behavioral interview questions around the following competencies: organizational skills, time management, work efficiency, job knowledge, crisis intervention and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that will make you an ideal candidate for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be mindful that you usual are required to put a minimum about acceptable and often times HR gives ranges for salary. Check the HR website to know what ranges you have to work with.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Critical Skills. To secure the right person for a job, the manager must define the necessary skills for the job, often called the critical skills. These describe exactly the skills a person needs successfully to perform the tasks. Sample critical skills could be phrased as "facility with communication," "high degree of organization," or "ability to work well independently." Critical skills are expanded upon in the job description and help guide the manager during the selection process and then provide structure for the position throughout employment.

Interview Questions

• Before beginning the interview, the manager must define the skills needed to fill the position. This, along with careful applicant research and candidate selection, helps to ensure a smooth interview process.

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

Many questions are about your core values and how they fit with UTSA's core values. I was very surprised about that. Some technical questions, and the usual qualifications questions. Everyone was very welcoming. They definitely made me feel comfortable which took some nervousness away. Overall, it was a very good interview.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The online form is cumbersome and seems fitted for the students, versus professionals, but it's necessary. The interview process is individualistic, and each department is handled differently. The questions were standard for this position.

Interview Questions

• Provide your complete understanding of the job for which you are applying.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

Phone interviews-as I was overseas, followed by thesis description and present work responsibility description.

Student Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Asked several difficult questions for the candidate. Also mentioned a focus of the job duties entailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered the job over the phone. Accepted the position immediately.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I was given three separate interviews. The first was a phone interview where I was initially "screened" to confirm my interest in the job. Next followed two separate in-person interviews with a panel of five people. In each, I was questioned for little over an hour about my qualifications and experience. Following the third and final interview, I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• "What experience has made you qualified for this job?"   1 Answer
    • "How have you dealt with difficult people in the past?"   1 Answer

Grahic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. I interviewed with four people at one time as each reviewed my portfolio.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in May 2013.

Interview

It only takes two interviews to complete the process. Come prepared to talk about past academic experiences and behavioral type interview questions. Also, be sure to ask informative questions about overtime options and how many professors you will have to answer to.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two professors and involved basic questions about prior experience, course work, yourself. There were no technical questions involved. Motive to join the Department and the ability to contribute to the ongoing research was tested thoroughly. Overall the process was simple and of average difficulty.How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.

Interview Questions

• How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer without any negotiation.