University of Texas at San Antonio

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.6

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Critical Skills. To secure the right person for a job, the manager must define the necessary skills for the job, often called the critical skills. These describe exactly the skills a person needs successfully to perform the tasks. Sample critical skills could be phrased as "facility with communication," "high degree of organization," or "ability to work well independently." Critical skills are expanded upon in the job description and help guide the manager during the selection process and then provide structure for the position throughout employment.

Interview Questions
    • Before beginning the interview, the manager must define the skills needed to fill the position. This, along with careful applicant research and candidate selection, helps to ensure a smooth interview process.

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Many questions are about your core values and how they fit with UTSA's core values. I was very surprised about that. Some technical questions, and the usual qualifications questions. Everyone was very welcoming. They definitely made me feel comfortable which took some nervousness away. Overall, it was a very good interview.

No negotiations

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

The online form is cumbersome and seems fitted for the students, versus professionals, but it's necessary. The interview process is individualistic, and each department is handled differently. The questions were standard for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Provide your complete understanding of the job for which you are applying.   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Phone interviews-as I was overseas, followed by thesis description and present work responsibility description.

Student Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Asked several difficult questions for the candidate. Also mentioned a focus of the job duties entailed.

Interview Questions
    Offered the job over the phone. Accepted the position immediately.

Grahic Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

First interview was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. I interviewed with four people at one time as each reviewed my portfolio.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in May 2013.

It only takes two interviews to complete the process. Come prepared to talk about past academic experiences and behavioral type interview questions. Also, be sure to ask informative questions about overtime options and how many professors you will have to answer to.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in May 2013.

The interview was conducted by two professors and involved basic questions about prior experience, course work, yourself. There were no technical questions involved. Motive to join the Department and the ability to contribute to the ongoing research was tested thoroughly. Overall the process was simple and of average difficulty.How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.

Interview Questions
    • How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer without any negotiation.

Fitness Monitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in March 2013.

Basic interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in January 2012.

Easy submission of application

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a Graduate Research Assistant   View Answer
    Difficult