University of Texas at San Antonio
www.utsa.edu San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

University of Texas at San Antonio Interview Questions & Reviews in San Antonio, TX

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Events Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview Details – The online form is cumbersome and seems fitted for the students, versus professionals, but it's necessary. The interview process is individualistic, and each department is handled differently. The questions were standard for this position.

Interview Question – Provide your complete understanding of the job for which you are applying.   View Answer

Fitness Monitor Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in March 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview

Interview Question – Fitness questions   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications can occur during undergraduate courses. Students are encouraged to meet professors in the desired field, and discuss the professors with research work. Usually, future employees are given 1-2 weeks to prove his/her capabilities.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in doing this field of research?   Answer Question

Student Assistant I Interview

Student Assistant I
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Interview Details – Asked several difficult questions for the candidate. Also mentioned a focus of the job duties entailed.

Interview Question – What are your greatest strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered the job over the phone. Accepted the position immediately.

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in January 2012.

Interview Details – Easy submission of application

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a Graduate Research Assistant   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult

Director of Design Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in August 2011.

Interview Details – The process took several months (5 to be exact). The application was done online at utsajobs.edu. Once past that hurdle, the initial interview was conducted over the phone with three people. Second interview was done in person with four people - one of them being the vice president of development.

Interview Question – They asked me to critique their Alumni magazine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered an initial salary that was at the top of what I asked for. The offer came verbally from the person who would be my direct supervisor. I asked for $10,000 more because I had another offer at the same time, and they gave it.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in May 2011.

Interview Details – Filled out application on line, received an interview request within a week of applying, interviewed with lead administrative assistant, received request for second interview with department head within 2 days of initial interview, started working a week after second interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions in the interview. The questions were read from an interview form, and answers were noted in the provided blanks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in March 2009.

Interview Details – First, follow your resume. Asked several projects on my resume. Lots of detail related with the professor's research project.
Second, couple of questions about the future plan and what's the short term and long term goal.
Third, talked about their own research and what you can contribute and whether you are interested in it or not.
Finally, let me asked one question.

Interview Question – The question is what's big difference between the discrete control system and continuous control system   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in January 2010.

Interview Details – I did not have a traditional interview process. I was informed of the research position through a scholarship program that aimed to encourage minority students to gain research experience. After applying for the position I received an email from my future employer about the opening in his research lab. Once I discussed my interest and goals with him, he informed me about his goals for me. I then expressed my interest to work with him and we agreed on a work schedule.

Interview Question – I was not any traditional questions. My interview process was more of an informal discussion about my interest.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas at San Antonio in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by two professors and involved basic questions about prior experience, course work, yourself. There were no technical questions involved. Motive to join the Department and the ability to contribute to the ongoing research was tested thoroughly. Overall the process was simple and of average difficulty.How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.

Interview Question – How do you wish to contribute to the ongoing research in the Department. This was not unexpected but difficult for me since I am from an entirely different field of study.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer without any negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Texas at San Antonio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Texas at San Antonio interview questions and advice in San Antonio, TX. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Texas at San Antonio employees and interview candidates.