University of Tokyo Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Tokyo

Assistant Professor Interview

Submit CV that was specific format to the University of Tokyo. Internal interview with the professor and the other assistant professors at the particular lab. Research presentation to the institution wide audience as a seminar. And closed research presentation to the hiring committee that was organized by the professors of the institution.

Interview Questions
    • Scientific questions about the future plan of my research.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

The irst round was the telephone interview by Prof or other researchers. Basic Questions were about your purpose. How did you know about Prof. ? Why did you want to join us? What were your skills? What can you contribute to us? What were your previous studies? Actually if Prof. would like to have you, there is no problem about these questions.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Tokyo in February 2010.

Applied for the Monbukagakusho scholarship and took the normal Japanese entrance exam for the PhD program.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Tokyo in October 2009.

Only a simple interview done by 5-6 professors supposedly from different fields.
    The questions are general question .e.g, what are my interests, why choosing this university..
    The difficulty of the exam is also asked in the interview, but nothing mattered in particular.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Tokyo in February 2008.

(1) Contacting by email, answering few technical questions;
    (2) Interview;
    (3) Background check;
    (4) discussing about salaries.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Tokyo? Contribute to the Community!