University of Toronto

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Student Interview

Research Student

Interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview Details – Simple questions regarding day to day jobs in a lab. Theoretical questions related to biochemistry. Practical questions related to carrying out experiments. General questions on personal history, interests, plans for the future, etc.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to apply to this position?   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student

Interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview Details – Applied for to become a summer helper/ assistant for Continuing Studies Office. Job entailed some on the ground promotion and mainly administrative work (e.g. database management).

Interview Question – Typical behavioural interview questions along with some on key computer skills (access, coding), etc.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Toronto in January 2013.

Interview Details – Get to know the professors in the department you are interested in. Having a personal connection beforehand with some professors will greatly help you in the TA selection process since you will be well-known in the department. Your relevant course grades will be important, so make sure you do well in those.

Interview Question – Just getting to know the professors beforehand, if you are a shy person by nature you will not do well in a teaching position!   Answer Question

Administrator (Professional Manager) Interview

Administrator (Professional Manager)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Toronto in March 2010.

Interview Details – Cover and resume online; two in-person interviews; assignment; reference check; offer; orientation

Interview Question – Outline an approach you took to solve a problem in achieving a project's goal that required out of the box thinking or a challenge regarding a new opportunity. How did you come up with the approach and what were the end results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and even. Orientation was welcoming.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Toronto in June 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online through the job board. The application is straightforward. If/when you receive an update like an interview invitation or notified the position is filled varies a lot. Interviewed by a panel. Thorough interviews, notes are taken, variety of questions. Length varies.

Interview Question – What would you do if a third party asked for urgent personal information to be released but you did not have the individual's consent and no one else in your office was present?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer that was very good. I took a few days to consider. I signed the contract and started working a few days later. All within a weeks' time.

Toronto Interview

Toronto

Interviewed at University of Toronto

Interview Details – nothing much but just a lot of question is so dumbing down myself, I am frustrated by the ease of the question, not intellectually chanllenging and not at all test the ability of mine. hence, do expect more and harder question during the second round of interview, if not it means there are too few people entering the posisiotn

Interview Question – behavior questions   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Toronto in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was in a different city and we skyped without video. Typical resume questions

Interview Question – Nothing surprising   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview Details – Received call via email, filled out application, and submitted cover letter and cv.

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Toronto in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for an interview. The interview itself consisted of behavioural and technical questions, and all questions were fair. I was informed of the work environment and what my role would be. After the interview, I was promptly told of my results and my offer package.

Interview Question – How do you find a solution to a problem if you don't have any assistance from seniors?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Toronto.

Interview Details – Applied online for a non-paid position as a research assistant in the department of chemistry. The application consisted of questions about my subjects of study, GPA, prior research experience. I was asked by the professor to come in for an interview. I was offered a job on the spot after touring the lab and accepted.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Toronto? Contribute to the Community!