University of Toronto Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.4

Research Assistant - Work Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

This is a part time work study at the university. Very helpful for full time students to earn some pocket money and gain research experience. the interview process is very simply, you meet the professor you are going to work with, answer a few questions, and they usually let you know within the next two business or days. all the background check, reference checks usually come later if you're hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto in June 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by email to set up an in person interview. The interview was relatively short (about 20-25 minutes). They asked a some general questions: Tell me about yourself? Why did you apply to this job? Do you know what this department does? Do you understand what you will be doing at this job? Do you have similar experience? And afterwards they asked questions about the job/tasks in particular: Are you comfortable doing repetitive tasks? How do you keep yourself focused? Tell me an example of when you made a mistake at work and how you handled it? How would you ensure that you minimal technical mistakes? If you make a mistake in your work, what would you do? How would you handle a conflict with a coworker? Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of when you made a mistake at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase, it was a set hourly wage for the entire summer.

Research Student Interview

Interview

Simple questions regarding day to day jobs in a lab. Theoretical questions related to biochemistry. Practical questions related to carrying out experiments. General questions on personal history, interests, plans for the future, etc.

Summer Student Interview

Interview

Applied for to become a summer helper/ assistant for Continuing Studies Office. Job entailed some on the ground promotion and mainly administrative work (e.g. database management).

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioural interview questions along with some on key computer skills (access, coding), etc.   Answer Question

Toronto Interview

Interview

nothing much but just a lot of question is so dumbing down myself, I am frustrated by the ease of the question, not intellectually chanllenging and not at all test the ability of mine. hence, do expect more and harder question during the second round of interview, if not it means there are too few people entering the posisiotn

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto in March 2014.

Interview

Basic Application Process - Applied Online first. Received a call for group interview with senior instructors, had to do activities in interview that tested your teaching and student handling capabilities After passing group interview, got a call for 1:1 interview with directors of the outreach office (2 people), Mostly behavioural interview (What does leadership mean to you? Why are you applying etc)

Family reasons

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

applied through the career learning network and got called in for an interview/ I was asked fairly basic questions relating to the job and the department head made it really easy and comfortable for me. I came out of the interview very positive. I was notified of my acceptance for the position abut a week later through email and started work soon after

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received call via email, filled out application, and submitted cover letter and cv.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I emailed the professor my resume and transcript. He replied and invited me for interview. After the interview, he sent me a review article, and asked me to write a summary and some comments.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous research experience. Why do you chose my lab? Why do you like nano-technology and what can be improved and how we can apply it for cancer treatment?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online for a non-paid position as a research assistant in the department of chemistry. The application consisted of questions about my subjects of study, GPA, prior research experience. I was asked by the professor to come in for an interview. I was offered a job on the spot after touring the lab and accepted.