University of Toronto

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.5

Event Coordinator Interview

Sent in application - heard back relatively quickly for an initial meeting with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you were manager, how would you work with those under your supervision? Ie what is your management style?   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto in September 2012.

I applied online and was contacted for an interview. The interview itself consisted of behavioural and technical questions, and all questions were fair. I was informed of the work environment and what my role would be. After the interview, I was promptly told of my results and my offer package.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find a solution to a problem if you don't have any assistance from seniors?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

The interview process was long and endurance driven but it had to be done. I was interviewed by the whole lab and then finally spoke with the professor. He was nice and polite and very detailed about the project that I was about to embark.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that I should accept you into this lab?   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Toronto.

Potential applicants have to contact the professors directly through email. The number of professors contacted can range from a few to more than 50. In the email, the applicant has to state an interest to work in the lab, demonstrate some knowledge of what the lab is working on, incorporate a resume that details qualifications and experiences. Interested professors will email back and set up the interview. The interview process varies greatly, depending on the professor. Some professors are very selective while others are not.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions relating to the professor's current research   Answer Question

Usher Interview

The interview process was short and simple. All the questions were based on the interviewees feedback on customer service as working both independently, and as a team member. A question like, "what qualities do you have to contribute to our hall and services" was asked.

Interview Questions
    • "What is a challenge or fear you feel you might experience as a Convocation Hall employee"   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto in May 2012.

called to book the inverview via phone. Asked several references, including 2 professional references to the interview. Asked some general questions such as why should they hire me, why would I want to work there and what skills/weaknesses I had. Also some situational questions that were a bit tricky to answer.

Interview Questions
    • what is your one weakness that wouldn't allow you to work as a receptionist?   Answer Question

Research Student Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto in March 2012.

Sent email to a professor with same research interest as mine. Got interview and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was a light interview with more emphasis on just asking about my skills, past projects and interests. My marks in relevant courses gave me a pass on skill check. I believe they are interested with students with good grades and real passion for the work that they do.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Toronto in February 2012.

The prof will contact you and set up an interview with you. He/she will ask domain specific questions.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing that I can negotiate.

Investment Banking Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Toronto in November 2011.

About a week after applying i got an email typed manually by a secretary booking an interview. 5 interviews each 30 - 45 mins back to back.
    1 guy asked many technical questions. They all ended with brain teasers and 1 interview was very motivational and behavioral.
    People were generally nice except for the same guy who asked many technicals.
    I was competing with Harvard LSE Yale grads and they only had room for 1.

Interview Questions
    • 9 balls in total and an old fashion scale. 1 of the 9 weighs more than the other. how do u find out which is the off ball   View Answers (2)

Project Assistant (Work Study) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto in September 2011.

There was a single interview with 1 admin staff, 1 tech staff, and 1 faculty member. It lasted about a half hour and each interviewer asked questions pertaining to their area of expertise as it affected the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about our department   View Answer
    There is no negotiation.