University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

1.0

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Emailed a scientist for a post-doc position advertised online. Got invited to an interview in a week. The scientist gave me a tour of the lab and then asked for my background. After another four weeks, I was informed another candidate with experiences better matches the lab's object was hired.

Interview Questions

• My past research experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Toronto

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a post-doc by emailing the P.I., I think that my publications got me the job easily.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me to send proof of my studies and following I got the letter of employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took what they offer me. There was no negotiation. Postdoc are paid below average.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Toronto in January 2009.

Interview

I got the perception that PI was hiring for the cheapest person available, not for the best.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto in June 2008.

Interview

I initially emailed the department and asked if they were looking for postdoctoral fellows. Within a couple of days, I got an email from a professor and came in for an interview. The questions were relatively easy to answer however I felt it was very difficult to get any information about the work environment. I came back for a second meeting and was offerred the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything.