University of Toronto Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

1.0

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a post-doc by emailing the P.I., I think that my publications got me the job easily.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me to send proof of my studies and following I got the letter of employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took what they offer me. There was no negotiation. Postdoc are paid below average.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Toronto

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Toronto in January 2009.

Interview

I got the perception that PI was hiring for the cheapest person available, not for the best.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto in June 2008.

Interview

I initially emailed the department and asked if they were looking for postdoctoral fellows. Within a couple of days, I got an email from a professor and came in for an interview. The questions were relatively easy to answer however I felt it was very difficult to get any information about the work environment. I came back for a second meeting and was offerred the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything.