University of Toronto Interview Questions & Reviews in Toronto, ON

2.6

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Toronto in January 2013.

Get to know the professors in the department you are interested in. Having a personal connection beforehand with some professors will greatly help you in the TA selection process since you will be well-known in the department. Your relevant course grades will be important, so make sure you do well in those.

Interview Questions
    • Just getting to know the professors beforehand, if you are a shy person by nature you will not do well in a teaching position!   Answer Question

Administrator (Professional Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Toronto in March 2010.

Cover and resume online; two in-person interviews; assignment; reference check; offer; orientation

Interview Questions
    • Outline an approach you took to solve a problem in achieving a project's goal that required out of the box thinking or a challenge regarding a new opportunity. How did you come up with the approach and what were the end results?   Answer Question
    Fair and even. Orientation was welcoming.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Toronto in June 2011.

Apply online through the job board. The application is straightforward. If/when you receive an update like an interview invitation or notified the position is filled varies a lot. Interviewed by a panel. Thorough interviews, notes are taken, variety of questions. Length varies.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a third party asked for urgent personal information to be released but you did not have the individual's consent and no one else in your office was present?   View Answer
    They made an offer that was very good. I took a few days to consider. I signed the contract and started working a few days later. All within a weeks' time.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Toronto in March 2013.

I was in a different city and we skyped without video. Typical resume questions

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at University of Toronto.

Received call via email, filled out application, and submitted cover letter and cv.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Toronto.

Applied online for a non-paid position as a research assistant in the department of chemistry. The application consisted of questions about my subjects of study, GPA, prior research experience. I was asked by the professor to come in for an interview. I was offered a job on the spot after touring the lab and accepted.

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Toronto in September 2011.

What is your vision of Postdoctoral fellow and after this job?
    What were major research challenges in your PhD?
    Why do you think?
    What are future research direction based on your PhD

Information Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Toronto.

Apply at the door, simple interview process for work-study.

No negotiation

Research Student (Paid) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Toronto in March 2010.

Read up on the professor's research and talked about the areas that I was interested in... My strengths and weaknesses, Was asked about my past research experience and availability to start. Was given different options of projects that the professor was working on and was told to take a look. Second meeting was about a week later and gave my choices.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a difficult question per say, as you mostly have to read up on the professor's research and understand what she is doing. Above all, show enthusiasm and that your interests are in that field.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Toronto in May 2011.

Straightforward with skills test immediately.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Toronto? Contribute to the Community!