University of Toronto Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Toronto.

Received call via email, filled out application, and submitted cover letter and cv.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto.

Applied online for a non-paid position as a research assistant in the department of chemistry. The application consisted of questions about my subjects of study, GPA, prior research experience. I was asked by the professor to come in for an interview. I was offered a job on the spot after touring the lab and accepted.

Information Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Toronto.

Apply at the door, simple interview process for work-study.

No negotiation

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Toronto in March 2013.

I was in a different city and we skyped without video. Typical resume questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Toronto.

Written application, writing sample, questions about research interest

Interview Questions
    • What comparative policy issues I consider to be most important in pol. sci.   View Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto in January 2013.

Get to know the professors in the department you are interested in. Having a personal connection beforehand with some professors will greatly help you in the TA selection process since you will be well-known in the department. Your relevant course grades will be important, so make sure you do well in those.

Interview Questions
    • Just getting to know the professors beforehand, if you are a shy person by nature you will not do well in a teaching position!   Answer Question

MAsc Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Toronto.

First I applied for the university through University of Toronto's website. They asked for CV and a letter of interest.
    Then I visited some of the professors in the related department (optional) to find out if any of them is willing to get a master student. The first professor interviewed me and sent me to another professor and so on. At the end I was interviewed by four professors and told that I will be contacted after more thinking and reviewing my undergraduate grades and projects.
    I was offered by one the four professors who interviewed me previously and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Design a related question and answer it. (like an exam question and I was expected to answer it on the blackboard)   Answer Question
    • What are the major related projects that you have done in undergrad and what technical and theoretical challenges you have faced?   Answer Question
    • What tools and software do you know?   Answer Question
    no negotiation room

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto in May 2012.

called to book the inverview via phone. Asked several references, including 2 professional references to the interview. Asked some general questions such as why should they hire me, why would I want to work there and what skills/weaknesses I had. Also some situational questions that were a bit tricky to answer.

Interview Questions
    • what is your one weakness that wouldn't allow you to work as a receptionist?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Toronto in February 2012.

The prof will contact you and set up an interview with you. He/she will ask domain specific questions.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing that I can negotiate.

Investment Banking Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Toronto in November 2011.

About a week after applying i got an email typed manually by a secretary booking an interview. 5 interviews each 30 - 45 mins back to back.
    1 guy asked many technical questions. They all ended with brain teasers and 1 interview was very motivational and behavioral.
    People were generally nice except for the same guy who asked many technicals.
    I was competing with Harvard LSE Yale grads and they only had room for 1.

Interview Questions
    • 9 balls in total and an old fashion scale. 1 of the 9 weighs more than the other. how do u find out which is the off ball   View Answers (2)