University of Toronto Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online for a non-paid position as a research assistant in the department of chemistry. The application consisted of questions about my subjects of study, GPA, prior research experience. I was asked by the professor to come in for an interview. I was offered a job on the spot after touring the lab and accepted.

Information Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Apply at the door, simple interview process for work-study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was in a different city and we skyped without video. Typical resume questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Written application, writing sample, questions about research interest

Interview Questions

• What comparative policy issues I consider to be most important in pol. sci.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Get to know the professors in the department you are interested in. Having a personal connection beforehand with some professors will greatly help you in the TA selection process since you will be well-known in the department. Your relevant course grades will be important, so make sure you do well in those.

Interview Questions

• Just getting to know the professors beforehand, if you are a shy person by nature you will not do well in a teaching position!   Answer Question

MAsc Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First I applied for the university through University of Toronto's website. They asked for CV and a letter of interest. Then I visited some of the professors in the related department (optional) to find out if any of them is willing to get a master student. The first professor interviewed me and sent me to another professor and so on. At the end I was interviewed by four professors and told that I will be contacted after more thinking and reviewing my undergraduate grades and projects. I was offered by one the four professors who interviewed me previously and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Design a related question and answer it. (like an exam question and I was expected to answer it on the blackboard)   Answer Question
    • What are the major related projects that you have done in undergrad and what technical and theoretical challenges you have faced?   Answer Question
    • What tools and software do you know?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation room

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

called to book the inverview via phone. Asked several references, including 2 professional references to the interview. Asked some general questions such as why should they hire me, why would I want to work there and what skills/weaknesses I had. Also some situational questions that were a bit tricky to answer.

Interview Questions

• what is your one weakness that wouldn't allow you to work as a receptionist?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

The prof will contact you and set up an interview with you. He/she will ask domain specific questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing that I can negotiate.

Investment Banking Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

About a week after applying i got an email typed manually by a secretary booking an interview. 5 interviews each 30 - 45 mins back to back. 1 guy asked many technical questions. They all ended with brain teasers and 1 interview was very motivational and behavioral. People were generally nice except for the same guy who asked many technicals. I was competing with Harvard LSE Yale grads and they only had room for 1.

Interview Questions

• 9 balls in total and an old fashion scale. 1 of the 9 weighs more than the other. how do u find out which is the off ball   2 Answers

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

What is your vision of Postdoctoral fellow and after this job? What were major research challenges in your PhD? Why do you think? What are future research direction based on your PhD