University of Twente

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Twente

PhD Student Interview

Interview with the Professor and other lecturers followed by a presentation for the group.

Interview Questions
    • What I thought about moving to eastern parts of Netherlands and learning the language   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Twente.

after short list, you will be called for an skype interview. if succeed then will be called for face-to-face interview. that meant you have to give a presentation to the group you are applying

its a standard procedure

PhD Researcher Interview

After a position becomes available, resumes will be accepted for a fixed period.
    The pre-selected candidates (normally 2-5) will proceed to the interview, where the candidate will be asked to present a previous work.

Interview Questions
    • How is your work different that X? Or, What did you learn?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enschede (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Twente in August 2011.

two rounds. The first round is a general presentation and the second is on the research and teaching plans. Typical academic questions. Take care in preparing your slides. Be abstract but with enough details.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are give a 2 million euro research grant?   Answer Question
    Negotiate communiting expenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enschede (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Twente in June 2008.

I applied online and got in touch with a Professor of the group where I applied. He said they were interested in me and invited me over for an interview.
    It took me two days (but it can also be arranged in one). The first day I met the potential new colleagues (PhD's, post-docs) who gave me a lab tour. The following day I gave a seminar about my Master thesis subject and then had a further talk with some Professors about the project I would work on in case I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all realted to my Master thesis assignment   Answer Question
    A couple of email between me and future boss, discussing the contract, the housing and the start date