University of Twente

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at University of Twente

Interview Details – Interview with the Professor and other lecturers followed by a presentation for the group.

Interview Question – What I thought about moving to eastern parts of Netherlands and learning the language   Answer Question

PhD Student

I applied online and interviewed at University of Twente.

Interview Details – after short list, you will be called for an skype interview. if succeed then will be called for face-to-face interview. that meant you have to give a presentation to the group you are applying

Interview Question – there was no situation like that for me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – its a standard procedure

PhD Researcher Interview

Interviewed at University of Twente

Interview Details – After a position becomes available, resumes will be accepted for a fixed period.
The pre-selected candidates (normally 2-5) will proceed to the interview, where the candidate will be asked to present a previous work.

Interview Question – How is your work different that X? Or, What did you learn?   Answer Question

Enschede (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Twente in June 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and got in touch with a Professor of the group where I applied. He said they were interested in me and invited me over for an interview.
It took me two days (but it can also be arranged in one). The first day I met the potential new colleagues (PhD's, post-docs) who gave me a lab tour. The following day I gave a seminar about my Master thesis subject and then had a further talk with some Professors about the project I would work on in case I was hired.

Interview Question – None. They were all realted to my Master thesis assignment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A couple of email between me and future boss, discussing the contract, the housing and the start date

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Twente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Twente interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Twente employees and interview candidates.