University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics

University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.9

Clinical Nurse ICU Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Interview

Submitted resume after having a student experience on the unit. Was called in for an interview with the Nurse Manager of the unit and an additional "peer interview" composed of 5 other nurses on the unit.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation in which you would break the rules or protocol established on the unit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, starting salary for a new nurse when I started on the unit.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in December 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line, received follow up for a face to face interview about 7-8 weeks after application was submitted. Interview was awkward at best. I asked why the posting has been up so long, was told they are just looking for the right candidate. I was asked to send information (algorithm's) that are proprietary to my current employer-maybe an ethical test i am not sure I refused to send it. That was about 8 weeks ago, I have heard nothing since then so my assumption is I failed from their perspective. I wouldn't want to work at a place that would ask that if anyone anyways.

Outpatient Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Interview

Phone, one on one, and group interviews (too many). On position I got an offer for took 4 interviews, by the time they offered me the job I got another offer, worked out for me but took forever.

Interview Questions

• What color crayon would you be?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

jobs posted on website, submit application/resume, go in for interview in person

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

they told me I got teh position and told me the hourly pay they could offer me. no negotiations, I either took offer or declined.

Patient Access Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It helps to know someone in the department you're trying to hire into. You'll need to get your online application and resume through HR's terrible system, so tailor your resume to meet the job description, using the same terms and vocabulary. Once HR deems you worthy, they forward your resume to the department's management. First, you'll have a peer interview, where you'll get standardized questions approved by HR and asked of every applicant for the position. After that, you'll interview with a manager who will make the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you bent the rules to accomplish a task at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Jobs here are in high demand, and if you don't like what they're offering, there are twenty behind you who'll be happy to take it.

Rehabilitation Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

GROUP INTERVIEW - 15 applicants were invited to interview. We have 1 min to introduce ourselves. Then we were invited back to interview with either the HR recruiter or the physical therapists who we would be working with. It was brutal waiting to get called back. I was second to last to be called back and I thought I had no chance, but I ended up getting the job. So you never know...don't read too much into things.

Registered Nurse/Emergency Rm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

Apply online, if HR feels you are qualified for the position you will be interviewed, if you pass that interview then you advance to an interview with the Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard. There were no trick questions, the interview process was based on your ability, knowledge, and work history.   Answer Question

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was by email from HR, followed by a phone call from the hiring department. Interview process involved the team as well as the hiring manager.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary offered as I had researched the ranges and felt it was appropriate.

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

Submit resume and online application. Contacted by phone for a group interview at the main hospital. If pass that interview, you interview the psych hospital administrator. If you pass that interview you come back for a second interview with the same person, you meet four other nurse managers and are given a tour of the facility.

Negotiation

I far as I was aware of there wasn't any options for negotiations of pay or position. A bachelors degree for 12.00 dollars an hour, sad! Needed a job.

ROI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (South Salt Lake, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

Online submission of application and resume. Phone and on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable with salary.