University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics

healthcare.utah.edu/hospital
  healthcare.utah.edu/hospital

University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics Interview Questions

Outpatient Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

Phone, one on one, and group interviews (too many). On position I got an offer for took 4 interviews, by the time they offered me the job I got another offer, worked out for me but took forever.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online – interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics.

jobs posted on website, submit application/resume, go in for interview in person

Interview Questions
    they told me I got teh position and told me the hourly pay they could offer me. no negotiations, I either took offer or declined.

Patient Access Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

It helps to know someone in the department you're trying to hire into. You'll need to get your online application and resume through HR's terrible system, so tailor your resume to meet the job description, using the same terms and vocabulary. Once HR deems you worthy, they forward your resume to the department's management. First, you'll have a peer interview, where you'll get standardized questions approved by HR and asked of every applicant for the position. After that, you'll interview with a manager who will make the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you bent the rules to accomplish a task at work.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation. Jobs here are in high demand, and if you don't like what they're offering, there are twenty behind you who'll be happy to take it.

Registered Nurse/Emergency Rm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in November 2012.

Apply online, if HR feels you are qualified for the position you will be interviewed, if you pass that interview then you advance to an interview with the Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard. There were no trick questions, the interview process was based on your ability, knowledge, and work history.   Answer Question

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in January 2012.

Initial contact was by email from HR, followed by a phone call from the hiring department. Interview process involved the team as well as the hiring manager.

I did not negotiate the salary offered as I had researched the ranges and felt it was appropriate.

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in January 2012.

Submit resume and online application. Contacted by phone for a group interview at the main hospital. If pass that interview, you interview the psych hospital administrator. If you pass that interview you come back for a second interview with the same person, you meet four other nurse managers and are given a tour of the facility.

I far as I was aware of there wasn't any options for negotiations of pay or position. A bachelors degree for 12.00 dollars an hour, sad! Needed a job.

ROI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

I applied online – interviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in January 2011.

Online submission of application and resume. Phone and on-site interviews.

Negotiable with salary.

Patient Access Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in June 2010.

I was interviewed by a manager who told me that their objective was to qualify candidates that could perform the job. Then they own forward those candidates that met the minimum standards on to a team of peers.
    The peer interview was positive and I received helpful feedback from both the leader and the peers.
    The problem was, within a few months of accepting the job, I learned from experience that the leadership did not actually want honest feedback as they had stated. I remembered the peers being very tentative when I asked about whether or not leadership listens to the staff to improve processes. Therefore, I resigned.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where you disagreed with your boss? How didi you communicate it?   Answer Question
    We would like to offer you a position at University Hospital.

Healthcare Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics in March 2010.

I got a phone call a few days after I applied online asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was friendly and relaxed. I first had a panel interview, then a 1:1 interview. All my questions were answered. Very simple.

Interview Questions
    • They were all typical straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question