University of Utah Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.3

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Utah in September 2013.

They asked me a lot of questions regarding the projects i did during my undergraduate.

Study Coordinator Interview

Fairly simple and straight forward. Had to highlight all of my experiences and why i wanted to work in that field.

Interview Questions
    • If you could write an autobiography what would the title be and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Utah in December 2012.

I applied for the job of teaching assistant online along with applying for Masters degree here at Uni of Utah, I think they give you preference if not only your academic records are good but also you mention on the application that you won't be able to attend school without getting the TAship.

Interview Questions
    • Once they have reviewed and approved your resume submitted online, you are assigned to some professor and then he asks a few simple questions related to the course you will be TAing, nothing difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Utah in November 2012.

The hiring process began in grad school where I volunteered to do research on a project. After I graduated, I found an opportunity with the lead researcher. There was not really an interview, more of a get to know you conversation.

Staff RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Utah in September 2012.

One interview with a single manager. Currently, I think they have 2 or more interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • n/a (interview questions were not difficult or unusual   Answer Question
    I was asked what my salary requirements were. HR offered what I asked for, no negotiating.

Graduate Student Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Utah in July 2012.

I was approached about this opportunity. After submitting a resume I was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was very informal, and focused on the responsibilities of the job and the commitment it would require.

Within another week I had a job offer, and started teaching the hen the semester started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my knowledge of e software we would be using in the class, as well as my use of the University's LMS.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at University of Utah in March 2012.

I applied through graduate school and found an academic adviser who was interested to hire me to work in his/her lab. Then I kept email communication with the Professor and he/she interviewed me on different topics. He/she assigned me tasks to make sure I qualify for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was not able to perform as expected in one of my PI's project.   Answer Question
    No negociation

Driver I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Utah in May 2011.

The process of applying to the driver position was actually quite easy. I applied online, as the University has just adopted an "online only" hiring process. That only took me about 3 min to complete because once you have applied to one position, it saves the information so that you can blow through other applications.

It took about 3 weeks to get a call, and I was invited to an interview. It was the easiest interview that I have ever done. It took about 15 min, the manager outlined the work, which was actually driving a cart to pick up outdoor trash. I took it!

Interview Questions
    • This is more of a waste management job than a driving job, would you still be interested?   View Answer

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Utah in December 2010.

I work with the "U" in the past and I have some Problems With My Back Ending on a surgery, back on December last year I am fully recovery now. I been trying to come back if is possible to my previous job in the inpatient site but I don't have any success I am willing to start from bases even with all experience that I have.

Lab Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Utah in July 2010.

Was referred by previous employer.

Interview Questions
    • What was it like to work with enother employee.   View Answer
    There was one offer and no more.