University of Utah

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is similar to may graduate programs with the exception that the University of Utah offers several additional benefits, such as skiing, and hiking that are often used to help entice students to come.

Interview Question – Didn't have one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked if I could come here and they said yes.

Graduate Student Instructor Interview

Graduate Student Instructor
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Utah in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached about this opportunity. After submitting a resume I was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was very informal, and focused on the responsibilities of the job and the commitment it would require.

Within another week I had a job offer, and started teaching the hen the semester started two weeks later.

Interview Question – I was asked about my knowledge of e software we would be using in the class, as well as my use of the University's LMS.   Answer Question

Lab Technician I Interview

Lab Technician I
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in April 2010.

Interview Details – Talked with PI. Was a referal from previous lab.

Interview Question – What was it like working with another lab tech?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not willing to negotiate without leverage. Offered $1 more per hour than competitor.

Lab Technician I Interview

Lab Technician I
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was referred by previous employer.

Interview Question – What was it like to work with enother employee.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was one offer and no more.

Driver I Interview

Driver I
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Utah in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process of applying to the driver position was actually quite easy. I applied online, as the University has just adopted an "online only" hiring process. That only took me about 3 min to complete because once you have applied to one position, it saves the information so that you can blow through other applications.

It took about 3 weeks to get a call, and I was invited to an interview. It was the easiest interview that I have ever done. It took about 15 min, the manager outlined the work, which was actually driving a cart to pick up outdoor trash. I took it!

Interview Question – This is more of a waste management job than a driving job, would you still be interested?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Utah in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially submitted resume online. I heard back from Idaho Technology within a couple of weeks of posting my resume. They did a screening interview very brief about 10 mins. Later, I was contacted by lab manager to have a sit down interview. The interview consisted of technical questions and character questions. I was contacted a week later for a group interview. I meet the lab employees and was taken to lunch at an upscale restaurant downtown. The atmosphere was relaxed and it was more casual conversation than interview questions. I was contacted a week later with a rejection.

Interview Question – Give an example when you had to reach a deadline and the circumstances were not ideal.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist
Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in January 2009.

Interview Details – Turned in resume, and had a phone interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process of interviewing for a postdoctoral research (fellow) is to first get a phone interview. These are given to the top ~10 candidates. If the interviewer is still interested (usually the top ~4), he/she will fly the candidate out to the university to meet in person to have more time with individual. Research processes are shared to help both parties determine if the new position will be a good fit. Additional meetings with other professors are scheduled and a seminar on recent work is usually presented by the interviewee. After that, we wait until we hear back with a no or yes.

Interview Question – What do you want to do if you come work here?   View Answer

App Developer Interview

App Developer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in September 2009.

Interview Details – face to face interview was easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was called on 1400 hrs I went sat in the interview room. Was asked basic questions in java. I answered all. But still dint get a call .

Interview Questions