University of Utah Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

2.2

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Utah in December 2010.

I work with the "U" in the past and I have some Problems With My Back Ending on a surgery, back on December last year I am fully recovery now. I been trying to come back if is possible to my previous job in the inpatient site but I don't have any success I am willing to start from bases even with all experience that I have.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Utah.

Resume submitted, committee interview, hiring supervisor interview, job offer. Had previously worked with the supervisor during a mufti institutional event. Knew he would be an exceptional boss. The hiring committee was diverse but generally identified the need for improved customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging part of current position.   View Answer
    Amount to match current salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Utah in July 2014.

It took them 3 months after I applied for them to call me. When they did I was asked to come in and take a test that included questions about SQL, Excel, and problem solving. After taking the test it only took a couple of days fro them to call me for an interview. The odd thing was that both times they called, for the test and the interview, they just had me write down the address and time and never sent me a confirmation email with all the details.

The actual interview had the typical interview questions like "explain a time when you had to confront a colleague." It was a very standard interview and they seemed bored and uninterested to be there from the very beginning, even though I felt like I gave good answers and tried to liven it up a little. There were two financial analysts and one person from HR in the interview. They explained all of the job functions and so-called benefits of working for them. The benefits really just included the same things that every other company has, namely a couple of weeks of PTO a year, 401k match, Health Insurance, and a few Holidays off. Nothing spectacular. They said that the next step would be to meet with their boss if he chose to and then they would make their decision. It was about a week and a half later when I received an email indicating that they were not going to select me for the job.

Overall I was unimpressed with the organization of the interview process and the company seemed very bureaucratic.

Interview Questions
    • If there are eight cubes that all look the same, but one of them is heavier than the others, can you figure out which one is the heavier one by only measuring twice using a balanced scale.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in June 2010.

The hiring process was very straight forward. I simply submitted my resume online. I needed the recommendation of two teacher from high school (or professors at the University of Utah). After I submitted my resume, I received a call from the professor from the University of Utah. He asked me a few questions about my interests in his research and some of my coursework. Overall, it was a very simply and relaxed process.

Marketing & Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Utah in June 2014.

It took about two weeks to go through the entire interview process. Initial communications were by phone to schedule an interview onsite for one-on-one with their Director of Marketing. The day I went to the interview, it was not one-on-one, it was a panel interview with three interviewers on the panel. The director was very upbeat and nice. The other two individuals were the exact opposite. The interview was in a small cluttered office. They said I would hear from them with a final decision one way or the other by the end of the week. Started off with questions 'Tell me about yourself' and 'what's the difference between marketing and branding'...I sent a follow up thank you email and called Monday after not hearing from them. On Tuesday I received a letter via post mail stating I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge facing the university campus store industry
      Give an example of how you have effectively managed a tight budget to accomplish a marketing activity
        Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Utah in April 2014.

Very relaxed interview process. They gave me a programming assignment in Java and asked to finish in 4 days. The assignment was generally easy. It required implementing a data structures based algorithm.

I didn't negotiate

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Utah in September 2013.

They asked me a lot of questions regarding the projects i did during my undergraduate.

Assistant Professor In Health Sciences Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Utah.

Standard two presentations; misleading statements about the amount of support and collegiality there would be, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What endpoints will you use to evaluate your experiments?   Answer Question
    I received a higher start-up package than expected - the only thing good about the department was the Chair.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Utah in January 2010.

Wrote a letter to my PI with my CV. I was invited out for an interview, which involved a presentation of my research with detailed questions and answers followed by a discussion of potential projects with the PI and one on one meetings with other individuals in the lab.

Interview Questions
    • I presented my PhD research, and was grilled by the entire lab on my technical work.   Answer Question
    no real negotiation phase. postdoc salaries are linked to the NIH scale. I was able to decide when I started.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Utah.

Hiring was through informal talks with a professor

Interview Questions
    Taking a class from the professor helps a long way in securing a research assistant position

Worked for University of Utah? Contribute to the Community!