University of Vermont Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.6

Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at University of Vermont.

The online application process was fairly straightforward, and was followed by two rounds of interviews (first a phone screen, and then a full day interview with multiple people/panels). Communication prior to the onsite interview was sufficient and helpful. The interviewers were all very welcoming and kind, however each group I met with had a list of prepared questions that they took turns asking, without any follow up or conversation in between. Definitely felt slightly awkward, and it would have been nice to have an interview that was a bit more conversational. Overall though, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps not unexpected from UVM, but there were several questions regarding diversity and sustainability.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Interview

Interviewed with several representatives from several sections of the school of business in a panel style interview. The interview was informal in nature, which lead to a comfortable interview environment. Each interviewer had a different idea of what they expected the interviewee to accomplish in their role, which was not ideal.

Interview Questions
    • What advise would you give a graduating business student from UVM in order to ensure they get a job over an Ivy League graduate?   Answer Question

Part Time Job Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Vermont.

through email

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Vermont in May 2009.

A multi-stage process.

Interview Questions
    There was little to negotiate at my department.

Student Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Vermont in May 2008.

I submitted after seeing the posting on Chronicle of Higher Education. In a relatively short period of time--I think they were behind in making the hire--I got a call, and they flew me in for an interview. I was one of three people to get an in-person interview and eventually got the job. The in-person interview was 2 days and involved 20 to 25 people.

It took UVM about three weeks to offer me the job. After 2.5 weeks, I got another job offer and called UVM to ask them to match it, which they did. That was nice.

Interview Questions
    • I should have expected it because of the university's and department's mission statements online, but I didn't: How do you live the values of Social Justice in your life?   View Answer
    There was no real opportunity to negotiate. They went $5,000/year over my then-current job and said that the offer was non-negotiable. It seemed fair, though of course could have been better.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Vermont in September 2009.

Very informal meeting with the other people in the office. All very nice. Typical 'so tell us about yourseld' lead-in. Our discussion about my background moved easily into how my skills might translate to the needs of the position. We also discussed what sort of changes my presence in the office would bring about. Very positive altogether.

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Vermont.

Applied online through the UVM Human Resources website, and was contacted about 2 weeks later via email to interview. I was interviewed by the chair of the department, and then was taken out for a lunch interview with two potential coworkers. I was asked to return in a few days for another interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor. After about 2 weeks, I was offered the position over the phone. Offer was contingent upon being able to move to Vermont (I was living out of state) and start the position within 10 days.

Salary was non-negotiable

Worked for University of Vermont? Contribute to the Community!