University of Vermont

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Support Generalist Interview

Burlington, VT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Vermont in May 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted after seeing the posting on Chronicle of Higher Education. In a relatively short period of time--I think they were behind in making the hire--I got a call, and they flew me in for an interview. I was one of three people to get an in-person interview and eventually got the job. The in-person interview was 2 days and involved 20 to 25 people.

It took UVM about three weeks to offer me the job. After 2.5 weeks, I got another job offer and called UVM to ask them to match it, which they did. That was nice.

Interview Question – I should have expected it because of the university's and department's mission statements online, but I didn't: How do you live the values of Social Justice in your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real opportunity to negotiate. They went $5,000/year over my then-current job and said that the offer was non-negotiable. It seemed fair, though of course could have been better.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Vermont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Vermont Student Support Generalist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Vermont employees and interview candidates.