University of Vermont

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Student Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Vermont in May 2008.

I submitted after seeing the posting on Chronicle of Higher Education. In a relatively short period of time--I think they were behind in making the hire--I got a call, and they flew me in for an interview. I was one of three people to get an in-person interview and eventually got the job. The in-person interview was 2 days and involved 20 to 25 people.

It took UVM about three weeks to offer me the job. After 2.5 weeks, I got another job offer and called UVM to ask them to match it, which they did. That was nice.

Interview Questions
  • I should have expected it because of the university's and department's mission statements online, but I didn't: How do you live the values of Social Justice in your life?   View Answer
There was no real opportunity to negotiate. They went $5,000/year over my then-current job and said that the offer was non-negotiable. It seemed fair, though of course could have been better.