University of Vermont

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Burlington, VT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Vermont in May 2009.

Interview Details – A multi-stage process.

Interview Question – Where do you find yourself in 5 years, 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to negotiate at my department.

Student Support Generalist Interview

Student Support Generalist
Burlington, VT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Vermont in May 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted after seeing the posting on Chronicle of Higher Education. In a relatively short period of time--I think they were behind in making the hire--I got a call, and they flew me in for an interview. I was one of three people to get an in-person interview and eventually got the job. The in-person interview was 2 days and involved 20 to 25 people.

It took UVM about three weeks to offer me the job. After 2.5 weeks, I got another job offer and called UVM to ask them to match it, which they did. That was nice.

Interview Question – I should have expected it because of the university's and department's mission statements online, but I didn't: How do you live the values of Social Justice in your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real opportunity to negotiate. They went $5,000/year over my then-current job and said that the offer was non-negotiable. It seemed fair, though of course could have been better.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Burlington, VT

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Vermont in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very informal meeting with the other people in the office. All very nice. Typical 'so tell us about yourseld' lead-in. Our discussion about my background moved easily into how my skills might translate to the needs of the position. We also discussed what sort of changes my presence in the office would bring about. Very positive altogether.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Vermont? Contribute to the Community!