University of Vermont

2.4

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Vermont.

It happened so long ago so it's not really relevant. It was an internal move. I was referred to this program by another star employee who knew I was looking for a move.

Negotiated a small increase

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Vermont in September 2009.

Very informal meeting with the other people in the office. All very nice. Typical 'so tell us about yourseld' lead-in. Our discussion about my background moved easily into how my skills might translate to the needs of the position. We also discussed what sort of changes my presence in the office would bring about. Very positive altogether.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Vermont in May 2009.

A multi-stage process.

Interview Questions
    There was little to negotiate at my department.

Student Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Vermont in May 2008.

I submitted after seeing the posting on Chronicle of Higher Education. In a relatively short period of time--I think they were behind in making the hire--I got a call, and they flew me in for an interview. I was one of three people to get an in-person interview and eventually got the job. The in-person interview was 2 days and involved 20 to 25 people.

It took UVM about three weeks to offer me the job. After 2.5 weeks, I got another job offer and called UVM to ask them to match it, which they did. That was nice.

Interview Questions
    • I should have expected it because of the university's and department's mission statements online, but I didn't: How do you live the values of Social Justice in your life?   View Answer
    There was no real opportunity to negotiate. They went $5,000/year over my then-current job and said that the offer was non-negotiable. It seemed fair, though of course could have been better.