Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of VictoriaMore
- Accepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at University of Victoria.
The job assignment was a part of my master's program application.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at University of Victoria.
I found the position on UVic's UHire job board. Unfortunately the platform is terribly outdated and it was a laborious process to submit my CV. A week or two after the closing date I received a call saying I'd been shortlisted for an interview. The interview was very formal: a panel comprised of 3 people from various departments interviewed me for about 30 minutes. Following that I completed a written skills test. Everyone I spoke to was courteous.
- To be honest, the questions were very standard and boring; even the people asking them looked bored. The most difficult part was trying to inject some personality and creativity into my answers while still being professional. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at University of Victoria (Victoria, BC (Canada)).
One interview with a panel of three employees. Generally one will be your direct supervisor, another from your office, and the latter from another office.
- The questions are pretty straight-forward. Give good examples. The thing that threw me off was that there was a test! The tests vary from job-to-job, but are generally about composing emails, using Microsoft Office, or how to deal with a situation. Mine was partially multiple choice. Answer Question
None, other than the start date.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at University of Victoria (Wuhan, Hubei (China)) in March 2010.
I first applied for the position, then got an telephone interview.
- Not very hard questions, the interviewer asked some question about my previous experience. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review