University of Virginia Health System Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
6 interviews

1.8

Access Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in August 2014.

The interview for this position is just like all of the other access associate positions. I have been on a few of them and they ask the same questions. I met with my supervisor and the manager.
    They give you an overview of the position and then ask you questions.

Questions:
    Good and bad excuses for being late?
    How to organize your work?
    What are your career goals?
    When was the last time you were late to work and why?
    Do you like working in a team?
    What would you do if a coworker doesn't pull their own weight?

If they ask you if your supervisor knows you're looking and you tell them you did not tell them, it will be the "kiss of death". You will be rejected.

I got a call from HR exactly a week after my interview. You have 48 hrs to accept or reject the offer if you get one. Make sure you negotiate because they will definitely lowball you. They want top notch people for cheap.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation since I'm an internal candidate. I took a pay cut for this position because I am tired of being at my current job.

Call Center Resource Specialist Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in January 2013.

Easy. Had a panel interview with a supervisor, manager, and office manager. They got to know me as an individual. I knew I had the job after meeting with them.

Don't let this fancy title fool you: this is a phone operator job.

Interview Questions
    Yes. PLEASE NEGOTIATE AND DON'T GIVE UP. HR gives you the final offer and THEY WILL LOWBALL YOU. Your salary will follow you the rest of your career.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at University of Virginia Health System.

My current job was a promotion, so there was only a very informal interview. Before that, I interviewed for a systems analyst position and the interview was fairly friendly and low stress. Probably the easiest interview of my career and I was offered the job only a few days later.

RN Bed Center Interview

This used to be a highly sought after job. The job is may sound easy, but it is not for everyone. Be sure you have good phone skills, and can multi task. It can be very intense and you deal with STRONG personalities on a daily basis. Be sure to ask to shadow before taking this job! If you like what you see after at least 4 hours of that when it is busy, then go for it.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in August 2013.

The interview was not intense but it also depends on the nurse managers. However, the Human Resources department is extremely inefficient. For me, it didn't take too long to go through the process but some of my colleagues waited for 3 weeks+ to process the paperworks after receiving the hiring paper. You really have to go to the HR and press them to get the process going.

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Virginia Health System in June 2008.

The interview was short. I was given a tour of the lab after the interview. I was asked questions about my education, and my previous career. There were no situation based questions, which was a relief. I appreciated the fact that they did not use those behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself five years from now?   View Answer
    I was offered a base for new hires. I had no clinical lab experience at the time, so I had no leverage to negotiate. I asked for more, but was told that the offer was firm. I did not push the issue. In retrospect, I could have, but I would not have gotten a significant amount more. Now that I know the company a little better, I realize that there truly is a base salary for people right out of school, but the do need to fill positions.

Worked for University of Virginia Health System? Contribute to the Community!