University of Virginia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at University of Virginia

Interview Details – The process is quite simple. It only required a reference letter and required no interview. Then they sent me the offer and I accept it. No phone interview or on site interview.

Uva Postdoctoral Chemistry Department Interview

Uva Postdoctoral Chemistry Department

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Virginia in August 2013.

Interview Details – It is nice place to work. It has good equipment including 6 NMR and 1 X-ray machine. The labs are spacious, and the campus is beautiful.It is nice place to work. It has good equipment including 6 NMR and 1 X-ray machine. The labs are spacious, and the campus is beautiful.

Interview Question – The road systems in Charlottesville are totaling confusing. Also the rent is very pricey near the university. If you are willing to live farther away. it is more difficult to get to the university since there are a lot of hills. Additionally, the city is poorly planned with all the box stores located on rt 29, which frequently get backed up. this is only shopping district, so it is hard to avoid going there.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with them. The HR people were terrific. Over 139 people applied for the job so the competition was tough. The school has a great reputation and the city of Charlottesville is a great place to live. The University has a great salary range and good benefits as well.

Interview Question – WHat is the best way to recruit students using collateral.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Virginia in September 2012.

Interview Details – After I applied for the position, I received a phone call from the supervisor requesting a personal interview after 21 days. We met in the afternoon and we talked in his office for about an hour. Because of technical qualifications required of my position, he asked me many questions to be sure that I was a competent researcher and that I would be comfortable managing other tasks such as budgeting, managing research staff, and maintaining lab supplies.

Less than a week after the interview, I received a call with a offer to the position and I accepted. Unfortunately, the University had just lost some staff due to a recent early-retirement package and HR took over 30 days to draw up a contract. However, once I received my paperwork, I was working within 48 hours.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to master a new technique or software within 30 days? If so, what resources did you use to accomplish this?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Virginia in February 2013.

Interview Details – Did not undergo a hiring process.

Interview Question – Did not encounter any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Virginia

Interview Details – Informal but thorough - asked about interests in research, prior work and background, required certain skill set

Interview Question – There really wasn't one I found terribly difficult   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview Details – Simple, like any other phd position. apply and get in, not terribly competitive

Interview Question – why do you want to come to uva   View Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview Details – Required online application, phone interview, one-on-one interview with Human Resources and then interview with head of department. The people were very friendly and approachable, which made me initially work for the company. There was a woman in HR named Janet who was super nice and if I worked under her I think I would have had a different experience.

Interview Question – Tell me something that you're dedicated to achieving.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It began as a temp position and later I left. The pay was not enough.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview Details – The interview was very detailed. My boss and three other faculty interviewed me. I had to give a talk and meet with people in the lab. Afterwards I received an offer.

Interview Question – why does your structure have such a high Rfree value?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money and I got it.

Athletics Intern Interview

Athletics Intern

Interviewed at University of Virginia

Interview Details – Very basic questions asking whether or not I was knowledgable in sports

Interview Question – Who is the coach of the women's basketball team   Answer Question

Worked for University of Virginia? Contribute to the Community!