University of Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.4

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Virginia in August 2014.

Interview

Got an email two days later after I sent my resume to come in for interview. She sent me a job description via email and I interviewed the following week.

She did not tell me it would be a panel interview with a hr rep, my would be supervisor, and one of the medical office coordinators. They didn't even know who should ask which question nor did they know if any of the doctors would come in for the interview, yet they are supposed to manage their schedules. A hot mess. I think I dodged a bullet working for this department.

I followed up with them for a status update and was told I wasn't selected. I got an offer somewhere else anyway.

They said they ask these interview questions to each candidate but they were reading from their interview paper hard core. They were also taking lots of notes. Two out of three of them weren't properly dressed for an interview. One wearing a t-shirt and another one wearing a t-shirt and maxi skirt. The one wearing the t-shirt gave me eye contact that was really intense each time I answered a question and it scared me a little bit.

The interviewers need to know how to interview properly. What a waste of time going to this interview.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

The process is quite simple. It only required a reference letter and required no interview. Then they sent me the offer and I accept it. No phone interview or on site interview.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview

I had a phone interview with them. The HR people were terrific. Over 139 people applied for the job so the competition was tough. The school has a great reputation and the city of Charlottesville is a great place to live. The University has a great salary range and good benefits as well.

Interview Questions

• WHat is the best way to recruit students using collateral.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Informal but thorough - asked about interests in research, prior work and background, required certain skill set

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview

Simple, like any other phd position. apply and get in, not terribly competitive

Interview Questions

• why do you want to come to uva   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview

Required online application, phone interview, one-on-one interview with Human Resources and then interview with head of department. The people were very friendly and approachable, which made me initially work for the company. There was a woman in HR named Janet who was super nice and if I worked under her I think I would have had a different experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It began as a temp position and later I left. The pay was not enough.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

The interview was very detailed. My boss and three other faculty interviewed me. I had to give a talk and meet with people in the lab. Afterwards I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• why does your structure have such a high Rfree value?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more money and I got it.

Athletics Intern Interview

Interview

Very basic questions asking whether or not I was knowledgable in sports

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

I was hired on to tenure track from the pool of adjunct faculty.

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate on salary and start up research funding.

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Virginia.

Interview

pretty calm and casual interview, never heard back unfortunately