University of Warwick Interview Questions in Coventry, England

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Warwick in September 2013.

Clear communication prior to the interview and after job offer

straightforward

Residential Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Warwick.

Application is submitted online or via email. All initial interactions are via a secretary. A panel interview follows. Can be anywhere from 2-6+ people, typically wardens with possibly the head of residential life or sub-wardens included. Multiple questions are asked. After the first application if unsuccessful, which is moderately common, a second application is often successful. Interview feedback is also given if unsuccessful. This process can take several months overall. A role-playing, hands-on assessment center may now be included in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If a student came to you with a problem but asked you to keep it in confidence before relating it, what would you do?   View Answer
    The compensation in the form of free accommodation is non-negotiable.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Warwick in March 2010.

After applying online on unitemps I was invited to the unitemps office in University House (its now in the Student Union on campus. They basically brought me in to see if I had stupidly coloured hair or some piercings as they can't have waiters looking too outlandish for banquet dinners.
    Luckily my hair and body piercings (i didnt have any) were acceptable and so i was told i had the job after about 5 minutes.

Careers Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Warwick in June 2010.

first stage - panel interview ( people) and group exercise
    second stage - panel interview (3 people) and presentation

Interview Questions
    • How would you build relationships across the University ?   Answer Question
    • How we reach out to students who may not feel confident approaching the careers centre or whose career ideas are at a very early stage ?   Answer Question

for personal reasons

Worked for University of Warwick? Contribute to the Community!