University of Washington Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Fellow Interview

It completely depends on the PI / employer group / adviser

Interview Questions
    I could not , since it was alreayd fixed with the grant

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Washington.

After submitting an online resume (no other options) you may be contacted by a recruiter or hiring manager for an interview. An initial interview may be simply a screening interview before the real thing.

The real interview will be with a panel of 3-4 people who will probably take turns asking you prepared questions off of a piece of paper and will take about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to talk to your coworkers, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Part of the application process for this position includes completing anonline cover letter assessment,as well as the Employment Eligibility Assessment to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. The assessment(s) will appear on your screen for you to complete as soon as you select \"Apply to this Position\" on this job announcement. Once you begin the assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your \"My Jobs\" page to take when you are ready.Please note that your application will not be reviewed and you will not be considered for this position until the assessment is complete.

Technical Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at University of Washington.

Applied through HuskyJobs. Had two interviews: the first one is a phone interview. Not too many surprises in this interview. Mostly the questions are based on my past experience in resume. The second interview is with two people, one is the manager, another is the technical lead. Then I was informed about the result in one week.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • What to do if you find your teammate made a serious mistake.   Answer Question
    • Active directory. Group policy. Map a network drive. Basic DOS commands.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Meeting with multiple lab PI's; going to talks and posters; interacting with current students

Math Tutor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Washington.

Had to complete a skills test on math concepts from precalculus to matrix algebra followed by personal interview with managers.

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

My advisor introduced me this job. They just asked me which courses I would like to teach. Need to mark the homework in sure. Handling students for me is the most challenging. It is good that I don't need to back to UW every day. I share a office with another.

Research Scientist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Washington.

Phone interview with PI, then a face to face with PI and lead research scientist.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral question, only interest and prior experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at University of Washington.

Hired on second interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed with a student and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    Negotiate. They will offer the minimum. Counter offer-always.

Data Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview process was first a phone screening and then an in person interview. Enjoyable process. Questions were reasonable and they really seemed to want to find a good fit for both the employee and employer.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions here - just good old fashioned "tell me about a time when..." types of scenarios.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!