University of Washington

94 candidate interviews

Senior Fellow Interview

Senior Fellow

Interview Details – It completely depends on the PI / employer group / adviser

Interview Question – Nothing specific that I can explain here!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could not , since it was alreayd fixed with the grant

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – After submitting an online resume (no other options) you may be contacted by a recruiter or hiring manager for an interview. An initial interview may be simply a screening interview before the real thing.

The real interview will be with a panel of 3-4 people who will probably take turns asking you prepared questions off of a piece of paper and will take about 1 hour.

Interview Question – If we were to talk to your coworkers, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Washington

Interview Details – Part of the application process for this position includes completing anonline cover letter assessment,as well as the Employment Eligibility Assessment to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. The assessment(s) will appear on your screen for you to complete as soon as you select \"Apply to this Position\" on this job announcement. Once you begin the assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your \"My Jobs\" page to take when you are ready.Please note that your application will not be reviewed and you will not be considered for this position until the assessment is complete.

Interview Question – Do you have any question for us?   Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Technical Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – Applied through HuskyJobs. Had two interviews: the first one is a phone interview. Not too many surprises in this interview. Mostly the questions are based on my past experience in resume. The second interview is with two people, one is the manager, another is the technical lead. Then I was informed about the result in one week.

Interview Questions

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

Interviewed at University of Washington

Interview Details – Meeting with multiple lab PI's; going to talks and posters; interacting with current students

Interview Question – Everyone is nice   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Math Tutor

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – Had to complete a skills test on math concepts from precalculus to matrix algebra followed by personal interview with managers.

Interview Question – Number of odd numbers from 1 to 1000. Discrete math.   Answer Question

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

Part-Time Lecturer

Interviewed at University of Washington

Interview Details – My advisor introduced me this job. They just asked me which courses I would like to teach. Need to mark the homework in sure. Handling students for me is the most challenging. It is good that I don't need to back to UW every day. I share a office with another.

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – Phone interview with PI, then a face to face with PI and lead research scientist.

Interview Question – No behavioral question, only interest and prior experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied through other source and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – Hired on second interview

Interview Question – Name a time you failed with a student and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. They will offer the minimum. Counter offer-always.

Data Specialist Interview

Data Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – Interview process was first a phone screening and then an in person interview. Enjoyable process. Questions were reasonable and they really seemed to want to find a good fit for both the employee and employer.

Interview Question – No trick questions here - just good old fashioned "tell me about a time when..." types of scenarios.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Washington

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Washington interview questions and advice. All 94 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Washington employees and interview candidates.