University of Washington

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.6

Administrator Interview

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in April 2013.

I applied online about 30 days later I had a phone interview. 2 days after that I was called back for an in person panel interview. HR, director of a co-team and finance manager. Then 3 days later I was called for second in person interview. 3 doctors I would be working with. Then about another week later I was called for my third and final interview with the interim director.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I spoke with the head of the lab via phone conversation. Then, was asked if I'd like to apply for my own funding (fellowship) in order for them to afford me. After receiving the funding I was asked to join the lab.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

I applied through UW website and got a call for in-person interview. There were five people interviewing me. No technical question, only behavioral questions. They asked what is your strength, weakness, why should they hire you. Three out of five interviewers were friendly. There were two who just listen, never smile, never nod along and ask you difficult questions. I guess they are the ones who make the hiring decision. The whole interview took about 30 minutes.

Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in August 2014.

I went through two phone interviews and an in-person interview with over 10 people. The in-person interview lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. In retrospect, it was probably good to interview with that many people as I have worked on many projects.

No negotiation

Research Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington in May 2014.

Approximately five minutes into the interview, the interviewer suggested that the department might not fill the position, but they had another position. The original position was posted because the current research study coordinator was on medical leave. Unless this employee returned before their deadline, the position would be open. Evidently, the interviewer expected the employee to return. Then the interviewer began to discuss the second position, which was administrative with no research related responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a new position that we are, or may be developing?   View Answer

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks – interviewed at University of Washington.

Round 1 of interviews started 7:30am ended 8:30pm, included breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Met with 24 people from the school of interest, including Dean, faculty, and staff; Conducted 30 minute lecturer

Point of first interview to actual hiring is between approximately 12 weeks.

Nothing difficult really. General questions to get a feel of candidate fit for the culture, specific questions to gauge subject matter knowledge, 30-minute lecturer to evaluate classroom presence.

International Studies Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

Application: I applied online through the UW Hires website, immediately after which I received a confirmation email. However, it was over a month by the time I received a call to schedule an interview.

Interview: The interview was standard, they gave me a tour of the workspace, pointing out the various library stacks that I would work with and explained the expected responsibilities in great detail. They asked me to tell them about myself, and my past work experience and asked for specific examples in which I solved problems and overcame challenges.

Interview Questions
    • After an hour long interview they tested me on my transliteration skills.   View Answer

Accepted another offer.

Research Scientist III Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Washington.

Found this job through a person in common working there before.
    I had the experience to this job but it was much more simple of what I was doing before. It took me months to decide and take the job since I was trying to find a better option. Times are difficult and I had to take it or live on unemployment...
    Several meetings with the boss until deciding to take the job

Interview Questions
    • do you want this job? (it was a little bit down sizing to my expertise)   Answer Question

MA III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington in June 2014.

From the time I submitted my resume to a face to face interview was about 3 weeks. I proceeded with a courtesy thank you e-mail and received a response for a group interview (2 weeks later) and was told they would get back with me. I have yet to hear back. This was a 6 week process. I then received a call from the HR department wanting to forward my resume to another department, I told her that I was still waiting to hear from the previous department. She was going to contact them to see if I was a candidate & get back with me.Still waiting (3 months) & this morning I reviewed a pre employment questionare, followed by a personal email from a college at a different department offering to accept my resume.
    The Process Takes Too long

Interview Questions
    • Are you the kind of person that if you have a case load and another coworker has a heavier load would you help them ? ?   View Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

interviewed at University of Washington in June 2012.

through at least three rounds interview, online interview , talking with HR, and personal interview with lab members, gave a presentation talking about your previous work and your future plans, and so on