University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I spoke with the head of the lab via phone conversation. Then, was asked if I'd like to apply for my own funding (fellowship) in order for them to afford me. After receiving the funding I was asked to join the lab.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Found this job through a person in common working there before. I had the experience to this job but it was much more simple of what I was doing before. It took me months to decide and take the job since I was trying to find a better option. Times are difficult and I had to take it or live on unemployment... Several meetings with the boss until deciding to take the job

Interview Questions

• do you want this job? (it was a little bit down sizing to my expertise)   Answer Question

IT Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was asked about my experience with developing web sites in the past and if I'd be able to work by myself on building future web sites for a small department at the University of Washington. I showed them some of my prior work and expressed confidence in my ability to assist them with their needs and they hired me on the spot. The process was very informal.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with content management systems before?   1 Answer

Research Assistant/Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a three person panel. The panel consisted of the key researcher for the project and two PhD students. It was quite relaxed and lasted about forty minutes.

Interview Questions

• If repeating the same task would prove boring   1 Answer

International Studies Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Application: I applied online through the UW Hires website, immediately after which I received a confirmation email. However, it was over a month by the time I received a call to schedule an interview. Interview: The interview was standard, they gave me a tour of the workspace, pointing out the various library stacks that I would work with and explained the expected responsibilities in great detail. They asked me to tell them about myself, and my past work experience and asked for specific examples in which I solved problems and overcame challenges.

Interview Questions

• After an hour long interview they tested me on my transliteration skills.   1 Answer

Accepted another offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through UW website and got a call for in-person interview. There were five people interviewing me. No technical question, only behavioral questions. They asked what is your strength, weakness, why should they hire you. Three out of five interviewers were friendly. There were two who just listen, never smile, never nod along and ask you difficult questions. I guess they are the ones who make the hiring decision. The whole interview took about 30 minutes.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks – interviewed at University of Washington. Round 1 of interviews started 7:30am ended 8:30pm, included breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Met with 24 people from the school of interest, including Dean, faculty, and staff; Conducted 30 minute lecturer Point of first interview to actual hiring is between approximately 12 weeks. Nothing difficult really. General questions to get a feel of candidate fit for the culture, specific questions to gauge subject matter knowledge, 30-minute lecturer to evaluate classroom presence.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

I got an interview call within a day i applied for the job. I had an in person interview with the professor. He asked me few data structure's and algorithm questions and some on test automation

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy. It was a panel for two people, including the HR personnel. The interview lasted an average of 30 minutes, where I was able to showcase why I was the best fit for this role. The interview process took about two days to interview other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of project management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, but not much of a wiggle room.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Saw the listing on Huskyjobs. Only required resume but was followed up with an email for website samples to look at coding experience. Scheduled for a interview with the supervisor and assistant that I was replacing (since she was graduating). The interview lasted no more than half an hour and was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience explaining complicated technologies to not so technical savvie faculty & staff (some of which have English as their 2nd language)   Answer Question