University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy. It was a panel for two people, including the HR personnel. The interview lasted an average of 30 minutes, where I was able to showcase why I was the best fit for this role. The interview process took about two days to interview other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of project management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, but not much of a wiggle room.

Technology Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Saw the listing on Huskyjobs. Only required resume but was followed up with an email for website samples to look at coding experience. Scheduled for a interview with the supervisor and assistant that I was replacing (since she was graduating). The interview lasted no more than half an hour and was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience explaining complicated technologies to not so technical savvie faculty & staff (some of which have English as their 2nd language)   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in August 2014.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews and an in-person interview with over 10 people. The in-person interview lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. In retrospect, it was probably good to interview with that many people as I have worked on many projects.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

straightforward, the process was very informal. The interviewer was reading from a preassembled questions. Typical questions. interview was with the assistant nurse manager so it I had to very detailed, articulate and precise so she can relay this to her boss.

Interview Questions

• Describe a characteristics about you that you don't see but others do. Why is this ? And how do you bring it your advantage.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

professor-interview over Skype, where the professor asked about how I view his research and what I would like to do in future projects. Also asked about was the previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• techniques used in prior research and techniques expected in future projects   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard interview questions. First was a phone screen, and then a couple days later an email for an invite to an in person interview. The in person lasted two hours, with the first hour being with three people in the office, then a couple one on one interviews. The questions were clear and nothing to throw you off.

Interview Questions

• None. They had a sheet with general questions about experience and scenarios you have either had or will probably need to deal with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As others have stated, there is no negotiation process.

CLUE Tutor--physics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After submitting a resume and cover letter, qualified applicants are contacted for an in-person interview. The 90-minute interview process has two stages. The first is a skills test, with which the prospective tutor demonstrates their ability to answer, or at least try to elucidate, physics questions that would typically be asked during a drop-in tutoring session. The second is a panel interview, with the current lead tutor (and incoming, if any), assistant director of ASP, and possibly the director. The panel interview has a typical interview portion ("describe a conflict you overcame..." etc), and a role-playing portion.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question I was asked during my own interview was about how to handle a student who regularly used profanity, violent language, and raised their voice when speaking to tutors. I gathered that this was not abstract, but an actual problem presented by a regular student. (Though, mercifully, this is not a typical problem at this tutoring center.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The minimum pay is set by a collective bargaining agreement, and in four years I never saw any instances of CLUE paying above the minimum. Hours are somewhat negotiable.

MA III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

From the time I submitted my resume to a face to face interview was about 3 weeks. I proceeded with a courtesy thank you e-mail and received a response for a group interview (2 weeks later) and was told they would get back with me. I have yet to hear back. This was a 6 week process. I then received a call from the HR department wanting to forward my resume to another department, I told her that I was still waiting to hear from the previous department. She was going to contact them to see if I was a candidate & get back with me.Still waiting (3 months) & this morning I reviewed a pre employment questionare, followed by a personal email from a college at a different department offering to accept my resume.
    The Process Takes Too long

Interview Questions

• Are you the kind of person that if you have a case load and another coworker has a heavier load would you help them ? ?   1 Answer

Part Time Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the standard UW Jobs page. Several weeks went by and I still had not heard back. I proceeded to contact the Department Chair directly, stating that I had applied a few weeks prior and was sincerely interested in the position. I immediately received a reply and an offer to come in for an interview.

I met with the Department Chair in person at the school for a formal interview. Great personal touch and genuine atmosphere, very welcoming. Questions were mostly about prior teaching and research, with the focus of our interview course content and course schedule.

Interview Questions

• What type of online content management system experience do you have?   1 Answer

Research Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Approximately five minutes into the interview, the interviewer suggested that the department might not fill the position, but they had another position. The original position was posted because the current research study coordinator was on medical leave. Unless this employee returned before their deadline, the position would be open. Evidently, the interviewer expected the employee to return. Then the interviewer began to discuss the second position, which was administrative with no research related responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in a new position that we are, or may be developing?   1 Answer