University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.6

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

My advisor introduced me this job. They just asked me which courses I would like to teach. Need to mark the homework in sure. Handling students for me is the most challenging. It is good that I don't need to back to UW every day. I share a office with another.

Macy's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at University of Washington.

intervied in a small room, the guy read questions off a paper, about 6 then picked a few more from another sheet; he seemed nice and said that he would have to check with the managers who were hiring. i got the impression i was going to get hired, but then got the rejection email

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Washington.

I found my job on naturejobs. I e-mailed an application and had one phone interview. After the phone interview all correspondence was through e-mail. Upon arrival and the workplace I was asked to give a presentation to the lab on my previous research. I was already hired so this was informal. I have since learned that this occurs before hiring in most cases.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview was very straight forward. I was asked about my past research and lab experience.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, my salary was based on an NOH payscale for people with my level of experience

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Washington in August 2009.

The U has an easy way about it with some emphasis on excellence in the interview process. After hiring, this expectation was prevalent, in my experience, and somewhat debilitating in the long-term. My experience told me, get better positions, higher positions. And i finally went to school to specialize, I don't like offices.

Interview Questions
    • Because it was my first real job, "what is your experience", was most difficult to field.   Answer Question
    None

Senior Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

interviewed at University of Washington in June 2009.

The research investigator invite me to Seattle, WA. I passed four days in Seattle. The interview day was very long, started 9:00 AM through 6:00 PM. I presented my thesis research and had interview with each laboratory member. I had lunch and dinner. The principal investigator paid for everything, ticket airplanes, hotel, food, and taxi.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Washington in September 2011.

I submitted my resume to the department and was told to come in after a couple days. After a few general questions about attitude, I started.

Interview Questions
    • All questions just asked how comfortable I was working with people and my basic knowledge of using computers.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Washington.

Had to complete a skills test on math concepts from precalculus to matrix algebra followed by personal interview with managers.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Washington in June 2011.

visited website and found interesting project

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Washington in September 2011.

I was teaching out of my department so I had to contact the department I wanted to teach in. They were nearly at capacity but I was given an interview. The interview consisted of some common questions that are difficult if you don't have a thorough understanding of the subject matter. Then I was contacted two days before the term started because I was the last TA they were going to pick.

Interview Questions
    • It had to do with Newton's third law pairs, work, and something else that I forget.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Washington in May 2012.

For the hiring process first I had to write a quick one page essay to describe why I am suitable for this job.
    Then the professor asked me some general questions about my interests, earlier projects and coursework.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected part was to write an essay about why am I suitable for this job.   Answer Question