University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.6

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Had to complete a skills test on math concepts from precalculus to matrix algebra followed by personal interview with managers.

Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online about 30 days later I had a phone interview. 2 days after that I was called back for an in person panel interview. HR, director of a co-team and finance manager. Then 3 days later I was called for second in person interview. 3 doctors I would be working with. Then about another week later I was called for my third and final interview with the interim director.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Meeting with multiple lab PI's; going to talks and posters; interacting with current students

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. They asked me why I want to work there, how I would contribute to the library's office, they asked me to tell few things about myself, asked for my background, if I had any experience etc.

Technical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview

Applied through HuskyJobs. Had two interviews: the first one is a phone interview. Not too many surprises in this interview. Mostly the questions are based on my past experience in resume. The second interview is with two people, one is the manager, another is the technical lead. Then I was informed about the result in one week.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • What to do if you find your teammate made a serious mistake.   Answer Question
    • Active directory. Group policy. Map a network drive. Basic DOS commands.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was relaxed and very informal. There were no set questions presented in a typical interview setting. Asked to talk about oneself and then expand on some ideas presented.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applying through husky jobs. I waited for a month and a half. I got an interview. They interviewed me for about half an hour. They were very nice and listened perfectly well. They asked very good questions and very apt too. The office was very nice and I never felt even a bit of strain or nervousness. It was amazing.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

apply based on internal referal

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, show your background and skills in the position you apply   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a one-on-one interview for a research tech position in a biomedical research lab. Interview was the P.I. asking about my previous research experience, quizzing my knowledge on various experimental techniques, and inquiring about previous academic coursework, the latter of which was difficult to recall as several of the courses had been taken several years ago.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at University of Washington in June 2012.

Interview

through at least three rounds interview, online interview , talking with HR, and personal interview with lab members, gave a presentation talking about your previous work and your future plans, and so on