University of Washington

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.6

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in August 2012.

Had a one-on-one interview for a research tech position in a biomedical research lab. Interview was the P.I. asking about my previous research experience, quizzing my knowledge on various experimental techniques, and inquiring about previous academic coursework, the latter of which was difficult to recall as several of the courses had been taken several years ago.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

interviewed at University of Washington in June 2012.

through at least three rounds interview, online interview , talking with HR, and personal interview with lab members, gave a presentation talking about your previous work and your future plans, and so on

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in May 2012.

For the hiring process first I had to write a quick one page essay to describe why I am suitable for this job.
    Then the professor asked me some general questions about my interests, earlier projects and coursework.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected part was to write an essay about why am I suitable for this job.   Answer Question

Operation Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Washington in February 2012.

This is an interview for the operation internship for Goldman Sachs. It is a two-round interview. One round is half hour, so it was one-hour long in total.

Interview Questions
    • Given a scenario, say, you need do a presentation for your client. The presentation is supposed to last for at least 2 hours. But your clients have to rush to another meeting, so you only have 20min left to get this presentation done, so how can you deal with this situation?   View Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in January 2012.

Very thorough and reasonable with timing. Did not drag.

Salary was too low

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in December 2011.

Interview process consisted of initial phone screen with hiring manager, followed by two, one-hour group panel interviews. Overall questions were relatively standard with the second group being the easier of the two.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle working in a diverse environment. Not really difficult just unexpected.   Answer Question

I didn't have enough confidence in the hiring manager's ability to lead the project successfully. I didn't feel that she had a strong plan, or at least she couldn't communicate it it me.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2011.

Phone interview followed by on campus interview. There were 3 total candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself fitting here with regard to the mission of the University?   View Answer
    None

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Washington in September 2011.

I submitted my resume to the department and was told to come in after a couple days. After a few general questions about attitude, I started.

Interview Questions
    • All questions just asked how comfortable I was working with people and my basic knowledge of using computers.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Washington in September 2011.

I was teaching out of my department so I had to contact the department I wanted to teach in. They were nearly at capacity but I was given an interview. The interview consisted of some common questions that are difficult if you don't have a thorough understanding of the subject matter. Then I was contacted two days before the term started because I was the last TA they were going to pick.

Interview Questions
    • It had to do with Newton's third law pairs, work, and something else that I forget.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Assistant to the Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

10 minute phone interview. Took about 2-3 weeks to get called in for a panel interview after having asked for an update about my candidacy status. Panel interview consisted of 3 ppl. Some typical "what would you do if" questions along with questions related to the actual position.
    Took another 3 weeks to get an answering concerning a second interview. First request for an update went ignored by HR even though I was told to contact them if I did not hear from them by the end of the week of the interview. I waited one more week to ask about the second interview again, which finally got a reply that I had not been chosen for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the University of Washington?   View Answer