University of Washington
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Washington
- Program Coordinator (10)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (5)
- Program Assistant (3)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (3)
- Office Assistant (3)
- Research Assistant (3)
- Research Scientist III (3)
- Senior Fellow (2)
- Technical Assistant (2)
- Research Scientist (2)
- Research Scientist I (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2)
- Graduate Student (2)
- Web Computing Specialist (2)
- CLUE Tutor (1)
- Process Improvement/Lean Projects (1)
- MA III (1)
- Research Scientist/Engineer I (1)
- Program Operations Specialist (1)
- GIS Program Manager (1)
- Student Affairs Position (1)
- Operation Intern (1)
- Web Design Intern (1)
- Macy's Sales Associate (1)
- Senior Fellow (Post Doc) (1)
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Research Assistant (1)
- Computer Lab Assistant and Network Management (1)
- Contact Center Candidate Bank (1)
- CLUE Tutor--physics (1)
Lead Editor Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at University of Washington in January 2011.
Follow advice on website about how to format your resume to be scanned by UW system. Also, read job description carefully and make sure you have key words in that align your experience with the requirements of the job description. For example, I didn't think to include "familiar with Word" because I'm a writer who has used Word for years--didn't think to list it, though, and needed to.
Bring a printed copy of your resume/CV to the interview, or a couple copies if you're being interviewed by a group. Research the people you will interview with and know the topic/job being advertised. Bring writing samples or samples of your past work.
UW is informal, but people are busy. Come prepared. Write a thank you note after you leave the interview and hand deliver it to the administrative assistant or put in mail room or mail that day. Spell people's names correctly.
A sense of humor is almost always welcome.
- Do we intimidate you? View Answer