University of Washington

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – I found my job on naturejobs. I e-mailed an application and had one phone interview. After the phone interview all correspondence was through e-mail. Upon arrival and the workplace I was asked to give a presentation to the lab on my previous research. I was already hired so this was informal. I have since learned that this occurs before hiring in most cases.

Interview Question – None, the interview was very straight forward. I was asked about my past research and lab experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, my salary was based on an NOH payscale for people with my level of experience

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Washington in April 2010.

Interview Details – On-site interview. Presented research. Interviewed at the presentation and also met with 3 faculty.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Washington in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was a standard presentation for such positions in very nice atmosphere. 45 minutes scientific talk in front of the research group and 1:1 discussion with PI about research projects, possibilities at UW for collaborations, expectations, work time (which is idealistic for such a position, as it always exceeds), help trough techs etc. Very collaborative atmosphere, unfortunaely only talked to PI and not to any other institutional professors

Negotiation Details – fair and easy, according to NIH salary

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Washington in April 2008.

Interview Details – 1st a phone interview with hiring manager to get a bit more background from me then scheduled a trip for a personal interview. Met with hiring manager, gave a 45 minute presentation of my research to about 35 people in the dept., fielded questions. Met with others in the dept. and in the specific lab. Had lunch with hiring manager and another postdoc. Met with others in the dept. and neighboring labs. Went to dinner with hiring manager and a staff scientist. Was offered the job that night.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there was not any negotiating for salary, etc. but was able to negotiate some moving expenses.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Washington

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Washington Postdoctoral Fellow interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Washington employees and interview candidates.