University of Washington Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

2.2

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I spoke with the head of the lab via phone conversation. Then, was asked if I'd like to apply for my own funding (fellowship) in order for them to afford me. After receiving the funding I was asked to join the lab.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I found my job on naturejobs. I e-mailed an application and had one phone interview. After the phone interview all correspondence was through e-mail. Upon arrival and the workplace I was asked to give a presentation to the lab on my previous research. I was already hired so this was informal. I have since learned that this occurs before hiring in most cases.

Interview Questions

• None, the interview was very straight forward. I was asked about my past research and lab experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, my salary was based on an NOH payscale for people with my level of experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

On-site interview. Presented research. Interviewed at the presentation and also met with 3 faculty.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

It was a standard presentation for such positions in very nice atmosphere. 45 minutes scientific talk in front of the research group and 1:1 discussion with PI about research projects, possibilities at UW for collaborations, expectations, work time (which is idealistic for such a position, as it always exceeds), help trough techs etc. Very collaborative atmosphere, unfortunaely only talked to PI and not to any other institutional professors

Negotiation

fair and easy, according to NIH salary

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Washington in April 2008.

Interview

1st a phone interview with hiring manager to get a bit more background from me then scheduled a trip for a personal interview. Met with hiring manager, gave a 45 minute presentation of my research to about 35 people in the dept., fielded questions. Met with others in the dept. and in the specific lab. Had lunch with hiring manager and another postdoc. Met with others in the dept. and neighboring labs. Went to dinner with hiring manager and a staff scientist. Was offered the job that night.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was not any negotiating for salary, etc. but was able to negotiate some moving expenses.