University of Washington Program Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I went for an in-person interview (no phone screen) right away. I met with the following people individually, each for a half hour, one right after the other: 1. Program Manager (would be my direct boss) 2. Program Administrator 3. HR Specialist 4. Program Director 5. Group interview with 4 future colleagues Within a few days, the Program Manager called for references. A day after she talked with my last reference, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -Have you ever had conflict with a coworker? How did you resolve it? -Name your best quality. -Name your worst quality. -What project are you most proud of and why? -Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews one with staff I would work with, the second with faculty. I felt comfortable the entire time but the second interview felt more relaxed almost as if it was just a meet and greet. Half of the time we just discussed things about ourselves not necessarily job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to plan an event from start to finish   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online Aug 1, 2013. First contact was Aug 27th boilerplate email, "Dear Candidate...we're conducting 15 minute phone interviews over the next 3 days, if you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please choose a time from one of the following 4 hour blocks and we will call you. 15 minute phone interview on was with the Administrator of the department, mostly feeling me out about the (low) pay range. An email followed that day requesting an in person interview the following week. Parking is challenging, get a ride if possible. Interview was approximately 1.5 hours long with 3 people, the Administrator I'd been emailing/speaking with previously, and 2 Department Heads. Questions were very standard, read from an HR form, "Describe a time when you faced a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it", "If you were given an assignment and a deadline that you found was impossible to meet...", etc. Overall it seemed to go very well. Both Department heads seemed very interested and impressed. Administrator was quiet. Got a form email on 9/25/13 that another candidate had been chosen. (The position had been eliminated a year previously due to budget cuts. It felt as though I may have been one of several required competitive candidates, so they could bring back the person who'd previously held the position. But this is only a guess.)

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very thorough and reasonable with timing. Did not drag.

Salary was too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on campus interview. There were 3 total candidates.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting here with regard to the mission of the University?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by one in person interview before receiving offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In addition to salary caps, you may be up against budget caps. But it never hurts to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume and was called in for an interview. Answered the standard questions, and was called back for a second interview a few weeks later. At the second interview I was asked more program specific questions, like how I would handle organizing multiple programs at once, and what experience I have dealing with students from other countries (the position was in an international programs department).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

My new manager had me pre-picked as the destined new hire for this position. She had hand selected me from my former position at the University of Washington and knew I was a faithful and reliable and smart worker. The interview was a formal process in order to get hired for the posted position.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped a struggling coworker incapable of doing their job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there is no negotiation when one is forced to be in a union contract classified position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

To get an interview at the Univ of Washington, an individual needs to submit an application for a specific position to the UW Human Resources Department. The Department reviews the application to ensure it is appropriate for the position applied for. If the applicant meets the job criteria, the application is rated by and HR person for appropriateness for the position applied for. They select the top applications and forward them to the requesting supervisor. The supervisor selects the candidates they wish to interview from those forwarded to them, and contacts the application. An interview is set up. The applicant may have to pass specific tests within each dept, depending upon the position. The applicant gets an opportunity to ask any questions he or she may have. The hiring person hires the candidate they think is the best for the position. The candidate may leave their application on the HR site, and forward it to other open positions they are interested in, as these positions get posted.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any qualms working in a Department which performs research on lab animals?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in this department?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Washington in January 2009.

Interview

we had a one-on-one interview at the conference room. The interviewer asks mostly about my background and personality. There were no behavioral questions. There were two rounds of the interviews in total. I think enthusiasm to get the job is the most important trait they are looking for.