University of Washington

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Washington in December 2007.

Interview Details – The interview was very straight-forward, a presentation followed by a one on one with my future supervisor. The atmosphere was very laid back and not in the least bit stressful. I would say that the best indicator for success is your recommendations and the quality of your presentation.

Interview Question – They asked quite a bit about biochemical pathways and familiarity with western blotting etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer elsewhere

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Washington in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was for a lab position. It was fairly informal. I met the principal investigator, then talked with the others in the lab. They already knew what my qualifications were, so most of the interview was getting to know if I would be a good fit as far as personality (and if I would like them too!). The decision was made quickly and I was offered a position a couple days later.

Interview Question – None, it was all rather informal: my background; my goals; can I work weekends?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a few thousand more a year than I was paid with my previous job, but I was told there was no extra grant money. This always seems to be the excuse at the UW though. Next time, I would hold my ground and move on if not offered more.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Washington

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Washington Research Scientist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Washington employees and interview candidates.