University of Washington Research Scientist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Washington in December 2007.

The interview was very straight-forward, a presentation followed by a one on one with my future supervisor. The atmosphere was very laid back and not in the least bit stressful. I would say that the best indicator for success is your recommendations and the quality of your presentation.

Interview Questions
  • They asked quite a bit about biochemical pathways and familiarity with western blotting etc.   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Washington in August 2008.

The interview was for a lab position. It was fairly informal. I met the principal investigator, then talked with the others in the lab. They already knew what my qualifications were, so most of the interview was getting to know if I would be a good fit as far as personality (and if I would like them too!). The decision was made quickly and I was offered a position a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was all rather informal: my background; my goals; can I work weekends?   View Answer
    I asked for a few thousand more a year than I was paid with my previous job, but I was told there was no extra grant money. This always seems to be the excuse at the UW though. Next time, I would hold my ground and move on if not offered more.

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!