University of Washington Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Pretty easy and low stress. First I had a phone screen asking me about my past experience and general questions. After I was asked to come into the office and mostly repeated these questions along with general IT troubleshooting scenarios. I got a call the next day with an offer

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a situation where a users screen only shows black?   Answer Question

Front Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very straight forward and exactly what you would expect of any interview. I was interviewed by two managers who were both friendly and took turns asking questions. It took about 20 minutes and most of it was relaxed, get-to-know-you set up. I honestly think they just needed to make sure you were a normal person who could be trained.

Interview Questions

• They did a couple scenario questions, "If a student is upset about a missing package how could you handle it?" One of the things they were concerned about is how you would deal with international students or someone who did not speak english well.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward. I met with the Principal Investigator of the Lab as well as a few of the lab members who were also working on the project. They were pleasant, asked and answered questions and were welcoming to be around. The interview was set-up through e-mail. There was nothing that stood out as unique about the interview process. It was held on campus.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, everyone was nice. I was interviewed by three senior members of the human resource team. They asked me very generic questions about my work habits and previous experience.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted approximately thirty minutes. The interviewer explained the vacant position, asked relevant questions concerning my experience, and completed the interview. The phone interview was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of technology's role for society.   1 Answer

UW Summer Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Behavioral, Short case, three-person interview team. The interview was an hour long on-campus, very friendly staff so don't stress. They reviewed my resume as usual, talked about my work history, and asked what I was looking forward to when I begin working with new clients

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I went for an in-person interview (no phone screen) right away. I met with the following people individually, each for a half hour, one right after the other: 1. Program Manager (would be my direct boss) 2. Program Administrator 3. HR Specialist 4. Program Director 5. Group interview with 4 future colleagues Within a few days, the Program Manager called for references. A day after she talked with my last reference, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -Have you ever had conflict with a coworker? How did you resolve it? -Name your best quality. -Name your worst quality. -What project are you most proud of and why? -Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Statistics Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

CLUE is the UW's free, late-night, multidisciplinary study center located in Mary Gates Hall. I am a UW student when I applied for this part-time on-campus job. I applied on line and got an interview 2 weeks later. There are two interviewers, one is the manager of CLUE and the other one is a Statistics Tutor working at CLUE. This interview can be divided into 3 parts. First part is behavior and fit questions and there are about 15 questions there. Secondly, they give me three statistics questions and ask me teach and explain these questions to them as if they were the students with questions to ask. Finally, they give me a statistics quiz with 6 questions. I was asked to finish this quiz by myself and hand in it to the manager before I leave. It took me about 40 mins to finish this quiz.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if students only want you to give them answers and didn't pay any attention to your explain?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Washington (Tacoma, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two on one the first time around; 5 on one the second round to reapply for the position for the next academic school year of work study. You must turn in a resume and cover letter directly to the department you are applying to that has a specific position opening.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Two interviews one with staff I would work with, the second with faculty. I felt comfortable the entire time but the second interview felt more relaxed almost as if it was just a meet and greet. Half of the time we just discussed things about ourselves not necessarily job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to plan an event from start to finish   Answer Question