University of Washington

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Washington in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on campus interview. There were 3 total candidates.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself fitting here with regard to the mission of the University?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Macy's Sales Associate Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – intervied in a small room, the guy read questions off a paper, about 6 then picked a few more from another sheet; he seemed nice and said that he would have to check with the managers who were hiring. i got the impression i was going to get hired, but then got the rejection email

Interview Question – all said on this site   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – I found my job on naturejobs. I e-mailed an application and had one phone interview. After the phone interview all correspondence was through e-mail. Upon arrival and the workplace I was asked to give a presentation to the lab on my previous research. I was already hired so this was informal. I have since learned that this occurs before hiring in most cases.

Interview Question – None, the interview was very straight forward. I was asked about my past research and lab experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, my salary was based on an NOH payscale for people with my level of experience

Senior Fellow Interview

Senior Fellow
Seattle, WA

I interviewed at University of Washington in June 2009.

Interview Details – The research investigator invite me to Seattle, WA. I passed four days in Seattle. The interview day was very long, started 9:00 AM through 6:00 PM. I presented my thesis research and had interview with each laboratory member. I had lunch and dinner. The principal investigator paid for everything, ticket airplanes, hotel, food, and taxi.

Technical Assistant Interview

Technical Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Washington in September 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to the department and was told to come in after a couple days. After a few general questions about attitude, I started.

Interview Question – All questions just asked how comfortable I was working with people and my basic knowledge of using computers.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Washington in June 2011.

Interview Details – visited website and found interesting project

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Washington in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was teaching out of my department so I had to contact the department I wanted to teach in. They were nearly at capacity but I was given an interview. The interview consisted of some common questions that are difficult if you don't have a thorough understanding of the subject matter. Then I was contacted two days before the term started because I was the last TA they were going to pick.

Interview Question – It had to do with Newton's third law pairs, work, and something else that I forget.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Washington in May 2012.

Interview Details – For the hiring process first I had to write a quick one page essay to describe why I am suitable for this job.
Then the professor asked me some general questions about my interests, earlier projects and coursework.

Interview Question – The unexpected part was to write an essay about why am I suitable for this job.   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Washington.

Interview Details – The interview was quick and easy. They asked me why I want to work there, how I would contribute to the library's office, they asked me to tell few things about myself, asked for my background, if I had any experience etc.

Interview Question – There wasn't one.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at University of Washington in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relaxed and very informal. There were no set questions presented in a typical interview setting. Asked to talk about oneself and then expand on some ideas presented.

Interview Question – The lack of a traditional interview.   Answer Question