University of Washington

2.0

Web Computing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington in June 2010.

Very bureaucratic, disorganized. Sporadic communication. You're never quite sure who you're negotiating with and is making the decisions: someone behind the scenes in the central HR bureaucracy, the hiring manager/interviewer you're actually communicating with, or some other person/people in the hiring group. Overall there was a lack of knowledge of the technologies and skills they were interviewing for, and of current market salaries for them. Your mileage may vary. Everyone was very friendly, but very slow and tedious process.

Interview Questions

Very low base salary offer. Meager benefits package and no possibility for merit promotions did not make the total compensation package offset the low salary.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Web Computing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in November 2009.

I was called in for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume. I was interviewed by three people at once. It was low-key and friendly.

Interview Questions