University of Washington

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Web Computing Specialist Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Washington in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume. I was interviewed by three people at once. It was low-key and friendly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Web Computing Specialist Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Washington in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very bureaucratic, disorganized. Sporadic communication. You're never quite sure who you're negotiating with and is making the decisions: someone behind the scenes in the central HR bureaucracy, the hiring manager/interviewer you're actually communicating with, or some other person/people in the hiring group. Overall there was a lack of knowledge of the technologies and skills they were interviewing for, and of current market salaries for them. Your mileage may vary. Everyone was very friendly, but very slow and tedious process.

Interview Question – Did you have any trouble finding our office?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very low base salary offer. Meager benefits package and no possibility for merit promotions did not make the total compensation package offset the low salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Washington

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Washington Web Computing Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Washington employees and interview candidates.