University of Waterloo

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.8

Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo in February 2010.

Interview Questions
    • 2 Strings each take 1/2 hr long to burn out at unknown rate , how do you time 45 min?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2010.

Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

I have been interviewed once. It was phone-interview. I can suggest that you should remain relax because it makes easy to understand and explain what you want to say. Sometimes nervous can ruin all interview.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2012.

First you have to contact the professor through email and let him know about your experience and academic background in the related field. After that if professor is satisfied with you, he will most probably would like to interview you on skype. Mostly he asks technical questions.

Interview Questions
    If it covers all your tuition and living expenses, you should accept the offer

Residence Life Don Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo.

Apply to their website and receive a response a week after the submission deadline.

Interview Questions
    • Just be positive and show that you love helping people. Also come up with ideas for future events you would like to hold.   Answer Question

Instructional Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2012.

I saw the posting on their website and then I applied through email and received a response back from the interviewer with information about where to go for my interview a week later. I met with 3 people for the interview which lasted about 1 hour. I then heard back a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle upset professors or lecturers when it comes to creating their content?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Waterloo in April 2012.

Basically talk about your plan of your research work

no negotiation, mathematician usually don't have much funding

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Waterloo in July 2011.

It was an interview over the phone for about 30 min. We were talking about my background, experience, research interests, and future plans. I asked about the projects to work on, conference attendance, collaboration with other people. I was told about the potential projects, the lab, and the conference attendance policy.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult or unexpected question during the interview   View Answer

Events and Outreach Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2011.

Very friendly interview, one interview and will be chosen through Jobmine.
    Constant email communication between supervisor before and after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us when you had to negotiate tasks under a stressful situation and tell us how and why you handled it that way.   View Answer
    Email back and forth and visiting. Very casual and informal.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question