University of Waterloo

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview Details – Iniital screening by resume and then a couple of interview by your prospective graduate advisors.
interview was pretty informal and you were just asked what you know about a parituclar field,, no home assignment or anything else.

Interview Question – Why do you want to Waterloo   View Answer

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. I was interviewed by a professor. Questions about academic and any extracurricular activities I was involved in.

Interview Question – What part of your professional life as a student would you change and why?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – Online application-> possible interview -> department comity acceptance

Interview Question – number of publication in ISI journals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist

I applied online and interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – Interview was informal. Two interviewers asked typical situational questions but mainly described the job. By showing examples of how I had previous work experience with those job description activities, I got the job.

Interview Question – Name all the university (FEDS) associations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo in July 2011.

Interview Details – It was an interview over the phone for about 30 min. We were talking about my background, experience, research interests, and future plans. I asked about the projects to work on, conference attendance, collaboration with other people. I was told about the potential projects, the lab, and the conference attendance policy.

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult or unexpected question during the interview   View Answer

HRMS Project Assistant Interview

HRMS Project Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy going. They asked things like 'what do you like to do in your spare time', and the typical, what are your strengths and weaknesses. I perceived the people interviewing me to be very friendly. I could tell they were dedicated to their job but liked to be relaxed too. They then asked me about my knowledge of some programs that were involved with the job. The hiring process went through smoothly as it was done through JobMind.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. They only difficult ones would be 'when in the workplace did you experience a time of conflict and how did you deal with it?'.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Basically talk about your plan of your research work

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, mathematician usually don't have much funding

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo in August 2008.

Interview Details – This was a simple co-op experience with the University of Waterloo. We did the initial application through the JobMine web application provided by UW including the scheduling of interview. On the interview date, we met up for a 1 on 1 interview where the interviewer asked generic questions, some personality, some problem solving and made some comments on what the job description is. The people seemed very easy going and nice. The work environment is great.

Interview Question – Really nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about qualification in description and resume and work experiences   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview Details – I have been interviewed once. It was phone-interview. I can suggest that you should remain relax because it makes easy to understand and explain what you want to say. Sometimes nervous can ruin all interview.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Interview Question – Reverse the word sequence in a string   View Answer