University of Waterloo

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2012.

Interview Details – First you have to contact the professor through email and let him know about your experience and academic background in the related field. After that if professor is satisfied with you, he will most probably would like to interview you on skype. Mostly he asks technical questions.

Interview Question – Its not that hard if you know the basics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If it covers all your tuition and living expenses, you should accept the offer

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Question – Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview Details – Iniital screening by resume and then a couple of interview by your prospective graduate advisors.
interview was pretty informal and you were just asked what you know about a parituclar field,, no home assignment or anything else.

Interview Question – Why do you want to Waterloo   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. I was interviewed by a professor. Questions about academic and any extracurricular activities I was involved in.

Interview Question – What part of your professional life as a student would you change and why?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – Online application-> possible interview -> department comity acceptance

Interview Question – number of publication in ISI journals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for University of Waterloo? Contribute to the Community!