University of Waterloo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructional Support Assistant Interview

Instructional Support Assistant
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2012.

Interview Details – I saw the posting on their website and then I applied through email and received a response back from the interviewer with information about where to go for my interview a week later. I met with 3 people for the interview which lasted about 1 hour. I then heard back a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Question – How would you handle upset professors or lecturers when it comes to creating their content?   Answer Question

Co-op Alumni Advancement Assistant Interview

Co-op Alumni Advancement Assistant
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2013.

Interview Details – One half hour interview in-person with supervisor, followed by a 10 minute Excel proficiency test.

Interview Question – Personality/Problem-solving questions   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo in August 2010.

Interview Details – There will be one I interview before the hiring and it is mostly luck of the draw. There is a lot of internal promotion and external recruiting.

Interview Question – How do you resolve a conflict between two people if you do not understand the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details – It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Question – Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question

Events and Outreach Associate Interview

Events and Outreach Associate
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very friendly interview, one interview and will be chosen through Jobmine.
Constant email communication between supervisor before and after interview.

Interview Question – Tell us when you had to negotiate tasks under a stressful situation and tell us how and why you handled it that way.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Email back and forth and visiting. Very casual and informal.

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview Details – Iniital screening by resume and then a couple of interview by your prospective graduate advisors.
interview was pretty informal and you were just asked what you know about a parituclar field,, no home assignment or anything else.

Interview Question – Why do you want to Waterloo   View Answer

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo in April 2012.

Interview Details – Basically talk about your plan of your research work

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, mathematician usually don't have much funding

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Interview Question – Reverse the word sequence in a string   View Answer

Sys Analyst Interview

Sys Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Strings each take 1/2 hr long to burn out at unknown rate , how do you time 45 min?

Interview Question – 2 Strings each take 1/2 hr long to burn out at unknown rate , how do you time 45 min?   View Answer

Worked for University of Waterloo? Contribute to the Community!