University of Waterloo Interview Questions in Waterloo, ON

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview after 7 months of applying (already on contract in position), Interview 6 weeks ago and still haven't had a response. Interview was very thorough, have to have experience working in records (although no experience is required as long as you can maneuver around a computer). Interview takes place with HR rep and Plant Operations supervisor, lasted about an hour, probably 20 questions, fairly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to have very strong attention to detail   Answer Question

Teaching and Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Originally, the job title was "Research Assistant." However, once the interview began, they stated that the actual title of the position was "Program Assistant." This was misleading and not the specific job I was intending to interview for. Inside the room, I spoke with director and supervisor, who closely followed a list of questions, leaving little room for conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you experienced conflict while on a job or project.   Answer Question

Co-op Alumni Advancement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

One half hour interview in-person with supervisor, followed by a 10 minute Excel proficiency test.

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was very casual. There was a panel which interviewed me. Supervisor is very friendly and I felt appreciated for the works that I've brought in to show them. They didn't do anything in particular for me but I felt immediately comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations because we are mutually satisfied

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Questions

• Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Casual at first as it was a contract. If you apply for a contract job, the process seems a little less intimidating. If full time job permanent, that is a different mindset.

Interview Questions

• Situational and many questions about give me an example of ... Also many behavioral questions, what would you do in the case of...   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Basically talk about your plan of your research work

Negotiation

no negotiation, mathematician usually don't have much funding

Instructional Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

I saw the posting on their website and then I applied through email and received a response back from the interviewer with information about where to go for my interview a week later. I met with 3 people for the interview which lasted about 1 hour. I then heard back a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle upset professors or lecturers when it comes to creating their content?   Answer Question

Events and Outreach Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Very friendly interview, one interview and will be chosen through Jobmine. Constant email communication between supervisor before and after interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us when you had to negotiate tasks under a stressful situation and tell us how and why you handled it that way.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Email back and forth and visiting. Very casual and informal.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Iniital screening by resume and then a couple of interview by your prospective graduate advisors. interview was pretty informal and you were just asked what you know about a parituclar field,, no home assignment or anything else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to Waterloo   1 Answer