University of Western Ontario Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Most important step is to get into contact with the manager of Housing and Ancillary Services. From there it is simply a matter of applying when they start searching for Front Desk Clerks. The interviews are pretty straight forward and are secondary when there is some familiarity with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest weakness? How to deal with a problematic scenario   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Not good process. Not very organized for interviews. Added their personal agenda in interview. Interviewers wasn't prepared and asked questions not relevant to position. Pay for parking for interview?

Interview Questions
    • None, they are biased against gender and hire UWO students. I haven't seen any people with degrees from other universities or colleges hired at UWO.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Contact the professor you're interested in working with directly. It really helps to have the professor know you already, either through class or you reaching out to them beforehand. Relevant course work and marks are important, particularly if it is a NSERC USRA position.

Start time negotiable

Tim Hortons Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

interviewed at University of Western Ontario in April 2013.

They just asked general questions and it was an individual interview, nothing too spiffy. They just asked us about our previous experience and why we wanted to work in food services.

Master's Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Western Ontario in August 2012.

One interview in person. Otherwise, the rest of the process was handled by the main departmental office. Funding was not an issue as a graduate student. The Biology office was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
    • None, mainly what can I bring forth to the lab. very open ended   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

No interview, just CV review............................................................................................................................

Social Media Assistant Interview

Applied online. Interview focused on work experience and behavioral questions.

Research Technician Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

I was hired through an internal process, after working as a student in a similar lab

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the standard HR structured interview questions, nothing difficult. It will depend on the job you apply for   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Western Ontario.

Phone interview, do a presentation.

Research Assistant Interview

It's all about communicating with the professor.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Western Ontario? Contribute to the Community!