University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Specimen Receiving & Control Technician Interview

Specimen Receiving & Control Technician
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in April 2013.

Interview Details – Resume/CV required, plus a short application regarding work and education experience. Two online tests also come with the application- a personality test and a data entry test (typing people's names, DOB, phone number, ect).

Short phone interview mostly asking why you're interested in the position and making sure you can physically and logistically meet the requirements of the job (can you work these hours, can you be on a weekend rotation, can you lift 50 pounds, ect).

In person interview is next- mostly behavior based questions "tell me about a time you were frustrated with a coworker", "what would you do if you saw someone violating hospital policy".

Finally, they do ask for a lot of references to check (and they do check them all). I was asked for 4-5. However, you are allowed to use peers at previous jobs as references. They only require 1-2 supervisory or academic references.

When accepted, they require a background check, drug test, TB test, and a checkup with Employee Health.

Interview Question – A question was asked regarding customer service- "tell me about a time a customer was not happy with your service and what you did". While this question applies to the job (interacting with physicians and nurses looking for results), as someone with mostly lab-related experience, I was lost for an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotation not available

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in April 2013.

Interview Details – Only one round of interview but interviewed by 2 people separately. Interviewers are really friendly. Ensure you are willing to commit till summer semester before you apply for the job. They require at least a year of commitment to the job. They basically asked questions about yourself and your skills. They would also like to know how you can contribute to the department with the skills described.

Interview Question – They asked about what my previous employee will praise about me   Answer Question

Nurse Manager Interview

Nurse Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics.

Interview Details – Extremely long interview/hiring process. Multiple interviews with many different groups and individuals. Took a long time from initial phone interview, in person interview process, and actual job offer.

Interview Question – Personality test-online. Very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated based on another job offer I received at the same time.

RN, Bsn Interview

RN, Bsn

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics

Interview Details – I was hired into the Nurse Residency program after working as a nursing assistant. Moving from NA to RN was easy - they like to grow their ow. Getting the NA position on the first place was very difficult. It took several weeks to hear back from HR after my interview.

Interview Question – How would you respond if you foud you had made a mistake with a patient's medication?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nursing Assistant Interview

Nursing Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and immediately had to take an online test regarding basic nursing aide skills. (Ridiculously easy, seriously basic common sense) A couple of weeks later, I was contact by HR for a phone interview. This was also very easy, mainly just asking what I was looking for and telling me what position are available. At the end of the interview, she informed me that my name would be passed along to the hiring manager for the specific department in which I wanted to work. I was called back days later to set up an in-person interview with this person That interview was also easy. Very basic questions, like slow-speed softballs. That was it. A week later I was notified that I got the position provided I could pass a drug/2-step TB test and provide copies of my certification. It was all very basic and easy.

Interview Question – None. Everything was expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation wasn't an option.

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied there like 3 times and didn't get response. I decided to called HR and was told to keep continue to apply because there are just too many applicants out there. Finally, got a called from HR and did a phone interview, then went in for a face to face interview. It was two hours long and it took about 2 months from the initial interview to the hiring date.

Interview Question – What does accountability means to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just be yourself in the interview and accept what is being offer if you want to get your feet in the door.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1h presentation, 1:1 interview

Interview Question – what is your career goal   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ecg Technician Interview

Ecg Technician
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in January 2008.

Interview Details – Criminal background check, drug test, and physical are required. Interview consisted solely of questions regarding my availability (when can you start, what shifts are you available, etc.). There were no questions about my experience, knowledge, education, or people skills, and I was offered the job on the spot.

The only advice I have is to get there EARLY because it is very difficult to find your way around. I arrived at the hospital 1/2 hour before my interview and arrived at the office with only two minutes to spare.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, the pay scales are standardized.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in October 2009.

Interview Details – didnt even know i applied for the job until i got an email from a recruiter. went in for a 2:1 interview and got called back for the final round about 1 week later. I'm flying to SLC tomorrow.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics? Contribute to the Community!