University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics

Updated Jun 28, 2014
Updated Jun 28, 2014

2.5

Nurse Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics.

Extremely long interview/hiring process. Multiple interviews with many different groups and individuals. Took a long time from initial phone interview, in person interview process, and actual job offer.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated based on another job offer I received at the same time.

RN, Bsn Interview

I was hired into the Nurse Residency program after working as a nursing assistant. Moving from NA to RN was easy - they like to grow their ow. Getting the NA position on the first place was very difficult. It took several weeks to hear back from HR after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if you foud you had made a mistake with a patient's medication?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in April 2013.

Only one round of interview but interviewed by 2 people separately. Interviewers are really friendly. Ensure you are willing to commit till summer semester before you apply for the job. They require at least a year of commitment to the job. They basically asked questions about yourself and your skills. They would also like to know how you can contribute to the department with the skills described.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about what my previous employee will praise about me   Answer Question

Specimen Receiving & Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in April 2013.

Resume/CV required, plus a short application regarding work and education experience. Two online tests also come with the application- a personality test and a data entry test (typing people's names, DOB, phone number, ect).

Short phone interview mostly asking why you're interested in the position and making sure you can physically and logistically meet the requirements of the job (can you work these hours, can you be on a weekend rotation, can you lift 50 pounds, ect).

In person interview is next- mostly behavior based questions "tell me about a time you were frustrated with a coworker", "what would you do if you saw someone violating hospital policy".

Finally, they do ask for a lot of references to check (and they do check them all). I was asked for 4-5. However, you are allowed to use peers at previous jobs as references. They only require 1-2 supervisory or academic references.

When accepted, they require a background check, drug test, TB test, and a checkup with Employee Health.

Interview Questions
    • A question was asked regarding customer service- "tell me about a time a customer was not happy with your service and what you did". While this question applies to the job (interacting with physicians and nurses looking for results), as someone with mostly lab-related experience, I was lost for an example.   Answer Question
    Negotation not available

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in October 2011.

I applied there like 3 times and didn't get response. I decided to called HR and was told to keep continue to apply because there are just too many applicants out there. Finally, got a called from HR and did a phone interview, then went in for a face to face interview. It was two hours long and it took about 2 months from the initial interview to the hiring date.

Interview Questions
    • What does accountability means to you?   View Answer
    Just be yourself in the interview and accept what is being offer if you want to get your feet in the door.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in January 2010.

1h presentation, 1:1 interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in October 2009.

didnt even know i applied for the job until i got an email from a recruiter. went in for a 2:1 interview and got called back for the final round about 1 week later. I'm flying to SLC tomorrow.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in May 2009.

I applied online and immediately had to take an online test regarding basic nursing aide skills. (Ridiculously easy, seriously basic common sense) A couple of weeks later, I was contact by HR for a phone interview. This was also very easy, mainly just asking what I was looking for and telling me what position are available. At the end of the interview, she informed me that my name would be passed along to the hiring manager for the specific department in which I wanted to work. I was called back days later to set up an in-person interview with this person That interview was also easy. Very basic questions, like slow-speed softballs. That was it. A week later I was notified that I got the position provided I could pass a drug/2-step TB test and provide copies of my certification. It was all very basic and easy.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation wasn't an option.

Ecg Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in January 2008.

Criminal background check, drug test, and physical are required. Interview consisted solely of questions regarding my availability (when can you start, what shifts are you available, etc.). There were no questions about my experience, knowledge, education, or people skills, and I was offered the job on the spot.

The only advice I have is to get there EARLY because it is very difficult to find your way around. I arrived at the hospital 1/2 hour before my interview and arrived at the office with only two minutes to spare.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, the pay scales are standardized.