University of Wisconsin

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.7

Academic Tutor Interview

You submit an application online to the program. The program will respond to you and schedule you for an interview. The interview was behavioral questions conducted by the supervisor of the program. The interview lasted to about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Wisconsin.

I was required to prepare a two-page maximum cover letter in response as to how my experiences met each minimum qualification and submitted my resume in addition to a standard online job seeking account. I was contacted a month later that I was selected for an interview and was asked for my availability on a given day. The interview was with 4 members, one the direct boss I would have been working under, a lady from the offices in Madison, an AmeriCorps Vista member, and the co-department head. The interview was over Skype where I was projected on a screen in front of them.

Interview Questions
    • There were multiple questions regarding my experience educating youth, of which my experience is limited, making those questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

no negotiation possible

Associate Professor Interview

Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Student Assistant Interview

Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Housing Tutor Interview

Easy online application. Received an email for the interview. Three people interviewing- 2 current tutors and 1 other housing employee. Asked general question on why you'd be good for the job, etc. Then there was a portion where they gave you three questions in your field and had you explain how to do each problem.

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable. The interview questions were expected.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in June 2012.

I was given many details over email prior to the interview such as wage and expected hours. The interview itself was very informal, but that's may be just how my department was. Since I interviewed, they had started having candidates stay for a few hours and follow other techs around.

There is no negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in February 2012.

go through resume, why you apply for chemistry library, what you want to get from this position

flexibility of work time