University of Wisconsin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in January 2010.

Interview Details – On site

Interview Question – Would you accept an offer if it was made today?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Veterinary Technician Interview

Veterinary Technician
Madison, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was given many details over email prior to the interview such as wage and expected hours. The interview itself was very informal, but that's may be just how my department was. Since I interviewed, they had started having candidates stay for a few hours and follow other techs around.

Interview Question – Why I was leaving my current job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Housing Tutor Interview

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Easy online application. Received an email for the interview. Three people interviewing- 2 current tutors and 1 other housing employee. Asked general question on why you'd be good for the job, etc. Then there was a portion where they gave you three questions in your field and had you explain how to do each problem.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Interview Question – Not applicable. The interview questions were expected.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Madison, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in October 2011.

Interview Details – usual interview for postdoctoral position, day on campus plus presentation about previous work, i had an impression that guy expected me to turn down the offer

Interview Question – you never know what they expect from you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no salary negation, although i asked for H1B visa instead of J1

Very Easy Interview

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in September 2011.

Interview Details – I knew a UW athlete, who recommended I tutor part time when I needed a job. The process was pretty simple, and I started a few weeks later. Other than a single compliance meeting, there were no steps between the interview and working.

Interview Question – There were no particularly hard questions; they just wanted to know how you would go about tutoring an athlete. The interview didn't last more than a half hour.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Interview Question – What are 5 of your biggest flaws   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Customer Service Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They made an offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Wisconsin

Worked for University of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Wisconsin interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Wisconsin employees and interview candidates.