University of Wisconsin

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fond Du Lac County Bilingual 4-H Youth Developer Interview

Fond Du Lac County Bilingual 4-H Youth Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – I was required to prepare a two-page maximum cover letter in response as to how my experiences met each minimum qualification and submitted my resume in addition to a standard online job seeking account. I was contacted a month later that I was selected for an interview and was asked for my availability on a given day. The interview was with 4 members, one the direct boss I would have been working under, a lady from the offices in Madison, an AmeriCorps Vista member, and the co-department head. The interview was over Skype where I was projected on a screen in front of them.

Interview Question – There were multiple questions regarding my experience educating youth, of which my experience is limited, making those questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in June 2011.

Interview Details – Stepped in and asked if they were hiring, she gave me an interview that week. The questions were basic - what are my strengths, what are my weaknesses. How do I deal with difficult situations.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Question – Why do you want to pursue a PhD?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in January 2010.

Interview Details – On site

Interview Question – Would you accept an offer if it was made today?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Veterinary Technician Interview

Veterinary Technician
Madison, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was given many details over email prior to the interview such as wage and expected hours. The interview itself was very informal, but that's may be just how my department was. Since I interviewed, they had started having candidates stay for a few hours and follow other techs around.

Interview Question – Why I was leaving my current job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Housing Tutor Interview

Housing Tutor

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Easy online application. Received an email for the interview. Three people interviewing- 2 current tutors and 1 other housing employee. Asked general question on why you'd be good for the job, etc. Then there was a portion where they gave you three questions in your field and had you explain how to do each problem.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Interview Question – Not applicable. The interview questions were expected.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Madison, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in October 2011.

Interview Details – usual interview for postdoctoral position, day on campus plus presentation about previous work, i had an impression that guy expected me to turn down the offer

Interview Question – you never know what they expect from you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no salary negation, although i asked for H1B visa instead of J1

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Wisconsin

Worked for University of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!