University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

You submit an application online to the program. The program will respond to you and schedule you for an interview. The interview was behavioral questions conducted by the supervisor of the program. The interview lasted to about 20-30 minutes.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible

Associate Professor Interview

Interview

Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable. The interview questions were expected.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

I was given many details over email prior to the interview such as wage and expected hours. The interview itself was very informal, but that's may be just how my department was. Since I interviewed, they had started having candidates stay for a few hours and follow other techs around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

go through resume, why you apply for chemistry library, what you want to get from this position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexibility of work time

Computer Lab Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Stevens Point, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview focus on customer services rather than tech knowledge. You will be interviewed by the manager or student coordinators. Interview questions are scenario based. After you answered the questions, they will actually tell you the polity and rule for handling the situations. If you have a good attitude to learn and service, you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if a student is talking on phone in the lab?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

usual interview for postdoctoral position, day on campus plus presentation about previous work, i had an impression that guy expected me to turn down the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no salary negation, although i asked for H1B visa instead of J1