University of Wisconsin

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

Associate Professor

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Interview Question – Not applicable. The interview questions were expected.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in September 2011.

Interview Details – I knew a UW athlete, who recommended I tutor part time when I needed a job. The process was pretty simple, and I started a few weeks later. Other than a single compliance meeting, there were no steps between the interview and working.

Interview Question – There were no particularly hard questions; they just wanted to know how you would go about tutoring an athlete. The interview didn't last more than a half hour.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2009.

Interview Details – easy going simple interview

Interview Question – what experience to you have with computers   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Madison, WI

The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in May 2009.

Interview Details – Short and to the point, offered lots of insight into what the position would entail. Interviewer proctored a skills test prior to beginning a 1:1 interview. After the interview, we toured the facility.

Interview Question – Which is more important in a leader: listening to others or accepting responsibility -- and maybe blame?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Madison, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in February 2012.

Interview Details – go through resume, why you apply for chemistry library, what you want to get from this position

Interview Question – what are you proud of?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – flexibility of work time

Research Associate Interview

Madison, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at University of Wisconsin in October 2011.

Interview Details – usual interview for postdoctoral position, day on campus plus presentation about previous work, i had an impression that guy expected me to turn down the offer

Interview Question – you never know what they expect from you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no salary negation, although i asked for H1B visa instead of J1

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Wisconsin

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 6 to 7 people. Two as a group. The entire process was relaxed and friendly. They asked about experience I had in the field. Very few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What project have you done in this field? What's your find-out?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Interview Question – What are 5 of your biggest flaws   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Wisconsin

Worked for University of Wisconsin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Wisconsin interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Wisconsin employees and interview candidates.