University of Wisconsin

www.wisconsin.edu

University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

2.7

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable. The interview questions were expected.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Associate Professor Interview

Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in September 2011.

I knew a UW athlete, who recommended I tutor part time when I needed a job. The process was pretty simple, and I started a few weeks later. Other than a single compliance meeting, there were no steps between the interview and working.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly hard questions; they just wanted to know how you would go about tutoring an athlete. The interview didn't last more than a half hour.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in June 2011.

Stepped in and asked if they were hiring, she gave me an interview that week. The questions were basic - what are my strengths, what are my weaknesses. How do I deal with difficult situations.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2009.

easy going simple interview

Interview Questions
    • what experience to you have with computers   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in May 2009.

Short and to the point, offered lots of insight into what the position would entail. Interviewer proctored a skills test prior to beginning a 1:1 interview. After the interview, we toured the facility.

Interview Questions
    • Which is more important in a leader: listening to others or accepting responsibility -- and maybe blame?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in February 2012.

go through resume, why you apply for chemistry library, what you want to get from this position

flexibility of work time

Tellefund Caller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in January 2010.

I applied through the UWEC job board, emailed in my application. After the first round I got an email saying I was invited to a phone interview. I took part in this interview and made it on to the next round, which I was notified of through email. I went to the 1:1 interview with the manager and then received an email saying I was accepted into the job.

Interview Questions
    • (On the phone) If you were trying to get an alum to donate to the school how would you try and persuade them to do so? Treat me like an alum and give your best sales pitch to me   View Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Wisconsin in January 2008.

Questions about future research plan, interested area, interested professors.